Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone.

This is Rish and Zoe, from Mumbai, India. I was in search of some boxer forums to be a part of and this came up first in my google search. :) I just thought that it would be cool to be a part of a forum where I could discuss stuff regarding Zoe. She is lovely and one of the most beautiful things I have to love. We just celebrated her 6th birthday this Saturday and she has brought tremendous joy into my life. Fiesty lady she be :) and bossy, too, I just might add. (Well, let me put it this way, she listens just to me at home, so the others call her her father's pet. *grin*)

Anyhow so this is just me and Zoe, dropping in a hi and a howdy to everyone here. :)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Canada!
Zoe looks like a beautiful girl...can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about your girl!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome, Hanna and Smack :)

Right now, the mite is fast asleep, her head's on my right foot - can't move it. :D But I don't mind. Always wanted my dogs to that, but she is the first one that does so. Mighty proud of that actually - dunno why. :D

Okay, so here are a couple of shots of her:

edit:
Thanks to you too, GabysDaddy. :)

I was busy editing this post - using webshots for the first time instead of photobucket, and it's giving me some hassles. :( Ah, shucks, never mind - I'll reload the pictures there and send them across. :) In the meanwhile, these can make me prouder. ;)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome from Kiah and me; Zoe is a beauty.  So glad you found our forum first, we have a great group and a lot of information posted as stickys in each of the forum topics.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, kiahsmom and kiah. :) Yep, I am browsing the forums now, and they are incredibly informative. And the General Forums make for quite an interesting read. :D

Hello, maplesfolks. :)

Thanks for the welcome, Boxerpop - I am enjoying seeing the pictures of all the fabulous dogs that are part of everyone's homes here - and your signatures with Sophie in them have beautiful lines... She reminds me of one of my older dogs who passed on, Diana... Thanks for writing in with your welcomes, guys.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Welcome Rish! you're a hunk! =P

The forums are great! anything you'd ever need to know is right here. but let me warn you, it can be addictive!

G

·
0 Posts
welcome!  We just keep getting people from all around the world, how cool is that?  Are boxers common in India?  She is a beautiful girl...my pups like to lay their heads on our legs too...it's cute for the first hour, until the legs start cramping!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your girl is lovely...Look forward to hearing much more about her

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum from boxerpops other half  :D Zoe is a cutie looking forward to hearing all about her. Thanks for the comments on Sophie, she was a special gal and was a daddys girl too :lol:
Jamie I was thinking the same thing, are boxers common in India???? We have a BF member in Iceland and I think she said Ivan is the only boxer in town!

G

·
0 Posts
yeah, and Derrick said that his wife had never even seen a boxer before britney!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*sheepish grin at DieselsMom* Thanks. And I am pretty used to forums - in fact, I prefer them to the look and feel of the yahoogroups - thus I searched for forums. After I registered here, I found Boxer world as well, but couldn't register, since they weren't accepting new registrations. Since I am from India, I wondered if 'world' would have more chances of having more indians there. :D

Which brings me to aquagirl900's question: yes, there are a lot of boxers that are being kept as pets here, the trend has taken up after the summers seem to be growing hotter. :( Earlier we used to have a lot of long haired breeds as pets, like the German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers, I myself had as my first dog a German Spitz - but now mostly people prefer breeds like the Boxer and the Lab. After Bonzo (my german spitz) passed away after 15 years, I had two boxers: Diana and Rolfe. They were completely wonderful and made me swear by this breed. Shamelessly in love with the Boxer now!

Thanks for the welcome, samsonsmom. I am mighty pleased with the warm welcome. It's made me feel very comfortable.

DonnersMom, most welcome. As to the boxers in India :) well, to add to what I have already written, I live in Mumbai, which is one of the major metropolises of the country. Most breeds are found here, people even keep St. Bernards here - but those are the ones who can afford to keep them in appropriately cool environments at home. But - boxers, I have found are pretty hassle free - totally chilled out ;) - and the best part is the short haired coat which allows them to adapt comfortably as per the climate here. Mumbai is right by the Sea, and Zoe LOVES the beach!! I've never seen dogs take to water as she does - she loves baths as well :D - it's probably the piscean in her! hehehe.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome Rish and Zoe! So awesome to hear in your boxer forum search we are #1!!!! This place is very addictive and we are picture addicts, so feel free to post away! Looking forward to getting to know you and Zoe!  :)

G

·
0 Posts
I just wanted to say, your English is very good.  Whenever I conversate with a person who is not from American or another English speaking country, and they have better grammar than citizens of my country, I feel very embarrassed for my country.  It impresses me when I see people of other countries with such great grammar, punctuation, and wording.

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome from Texas!  Your dog is very cute.  I love the picture with the ball in her mouth.

There is a lot of great information on this site.

Glad you found it!  :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
aquagirl900\";p=\"86984 said:
I just wanted to say, your English is very good.  Whenever I conversate with a person who is not from American or another English speaking country, and they have better grammar than citizens of my country, I feel very embarrassed for my country.  It impresses me when I see people of other countries with such great grammar, punctuation, and wording.

I know!! and those are the ones who always apologize in advance about their English. while I'm thinking...ok...your english be gooder than mine! =P lmao

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, tootsie. :) Yep, I know how addictive forums can be. Shall put up more pictures...but I suppose it is better to do the uploading at a gallery? Instead of the forums?

Thanks, aquagirl900. :) We have English as the first language in almost all the schools here in the city, it's a common misconception that most Indians cannot manage the language. Though I must admit, I do have a decided advantage: I have a Master's Degree in English Literature. :)

Thanks, bingasmom! :) Binga and Bear are lovely, Binga and Zoe could be siblings. :D They nearly have the same markings.

(p.s. I tend to go overboard with the emoticons.)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts