Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, either last week was just a bad week for poor Ashley, or she FLEW through another stage ( ie: I will defy your every comand stage? )
I decided to go get the mail this eveng..and thought.."well let's see if my arm fly's out of it socket if I take her for a walk". First thing I noticed..I got her collar, and lead down, and she SAT for me to place it on her neck ( this has been a rule for her..I refuse to wrestle her to simply put a collar on..if she even trys to bite it, I stand back up, and we start again..she HAD this down before the temper tantrums last week...so I

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
WAY TO GOOD ASHLEY! She just had a bad week last week....this week is new begining! Dont look back, lol! Sounds like the way your approached her helped her a lot!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL...thanks..maybe I'll start writing a book..snail walking for Boxers.. :lol:
Funny thing was she really seemed to LIKE the controlled method this provided, I loved watching her step by my side and look up at me like "hey Mom..am I doing it right??"
SO much easier than flying my Boxer kite last friday ( well I am GUESSING thats what my arm looked like I was doing!!)
I just wonder..its SO slow, that does she get exersize by walking like this? Guess it does not really matter, she needed her manners back somehow..even if I look like a geriatric trying to hobble down the side walk with her..:)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, so I guess that "stuff" I slipped into Ashley's food worked huh?  :lol: She was definitely going thru a phase and possibly realized it wasn't getting her anywhere, which is awesome as she is now listening to commands and obeying....Such a good girl Ashley, keep it up for Momma, ok?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
What a relief, aren't you so proud when they do good?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Yeah Ashley, glad that phase has passed. Had to chuckle, nothing gets their attention faster than stopping their fun and ignoring them  :lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Willow...that was fair for my offering to trade the liquid Valium the other day..You did good :)
We repeted the performance tonight..followed by a great session of kick ball in the back yard till she tired out..I guess maybe I can now chuck the idea of the choke chain out the window...YEAH!!!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I feel your grief with the rebelling. Wait till she gets into her "teenage" years. Lately Phoenix throws hissy-fits when she doesn't get to do what she wants and she "talks" back. We had to change the way we work with/correct her and it seems to be working.
Hopefully Ashley will continue down the road of good behavior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts