Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I understand how you feel. I don't know if there is a difference in cancer health between the Euro or American, the best one can do is buy from a reputable breeder but unfortunately it still happens. We lost our wonderful boy Kai to a brain stem tumor at only 5 years old. I searched for another boxer (fully health tested, couldn't find) but ended up with a standard poodle, LOL (though I should add my 1st Standard was a playmate of our boxer, I learned a lot from this forum and didn't want health issues, though we were still naive that our boy had them) now I have 2 standards. I still miss that goofy boxer though. I still feel the boxer is #1. I hope your new guy will be just fine, and lives a long life. It sounds like he has a good beginning. Personally I'd never ever buy a boxer from anyone who doesn't test prior to breeding. You spend years training and caring for your boxer only to have it ripped away because some didn't do their due diligence in breeding a healthy litter. (genetically). Of course &x7x still happens but you have a good chance it will not. I am looking forward to the birth and lots of pictures of your new guy. I'll always love boxers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts