Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...without a Boxer. Hello everyone! I have been a Boxer Mama since 2004 but since February 11th I have been Boxer-less. I lost my incredibly smart, silly, loyal, love bug Jakson Murphy. He was 9 1/2 and passed from cancer. The 3 of us, my hubby, myself, and my Newfi Bodhi have been lonesome and heartbroken since losing him. The house just doesn't have too much life to it now. Because of how awful it is to lose them, and because of the high instances of cancer, I originally said no more Boxers. We've had 3 and all 3 passed from cancer. My heart dog Murphy was only 5 years old when he passed. But I have since changed my mind because I just cannot go the rest of my life without a precious Boxer. I decided though to try something different this time. All 3 of my Boxers were from American bloodlines so this time I researched and decided to go with 100% European. I found a wonderful breeder in Indiana who tests for everything needed if you are an excellent breeder (DM, Holter, ARVC, Hips, Cardiac and a lot more). Her male is from Serbia but not sure where Mama is from. I feel like they give their pups the best chance for a long healthy, life and I am so grateful to have found them. For those of you who are familiar with European Boxers do you know if there's less instances of cancer? What about longevity? Is their lifespan the same as American Boxers?
We did though, take the plunge and put a deposit on a male pup from her Fawn litter due September 7th which is my sweet Bodhi's 3rd birthday. Oh gosh...that just has to be a sign!! We can't wait!!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Working animal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand how you feel. I don't know if there is a difference in cancer health between the Euro or American, the best one can do is buy from a reputable breeder but unfortunately it still happens. We lost our wonderful boy Kai to a brain stem tumor at only 5 years old. I searched for another boxer (fully health tested, couldn't find) but ended up with a standard poodle, LOL (though I should add my 1st Standard was a playmate of our boxer, I learned a lot from this forum and didn't want health issues, though we were still naive that our boy had them) now I have 2 standards. I still miss that goofy boxer though. I still feel the boxer is #1. I hope your new guy will be just fine, and lives a long life. It sounds like he has a good beginning. Personally I'd never ever buy a boxer from anyone who doesn't test prior to breeding. You spend years training and caring for your boxer only to have it ripped away because some didn't do their due diligence in breeding a healthy litter. (genetically). Of course &x7x still happens but you have a good chance it will not. I am looking forward to the birth and lots of pictures of your new guy. I'll always love boxers.
Yes, you are right...life happens and like my Mom always said "none of us are getting out of here alive " 😄 I too will always love Boxers...I haven't met a bad one yet! Of course that is true of all dogs. I will for sure be sharing my guy and his big brother Bodhi with everyone! Bodhi has lost a little of his zest for life since we lost Jak. They were best buds from day one and even though Jak was 6 years older they had the same energy level lol. I will super enjoy watching Bodhi fall in love with the pup. Right now he drives our cat bat sh*t crazy because if he isn't bathing the cat with drool and kisses he is sniffing his booty 😜

1 - 2 of 2 Posts