Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you know I have a year old fawn female named Anna.  Well, this weekend I noticed that she has been shedding a lot of hair, specifically between her front shoulder blades.  Also, today when I took her in from her lunch potty, she was kept dripping a little extra urine from her female area (she's fixed).  Does anyone think I should be concerned?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Sometimes that can be an indication of a little bladder infection or UTI...Sometimes it is nothing more then just an extra little drip....Is she licking at herself or straining to go to the bathroom?  Is she moving from spot to spot and very little coming out at a time?  If you were to wipe the little drip does it have a red or pink tint to it?  If all this is normal then it may be nothing to worry about.....The other side is urinary incont issues....but she would be going more then just a drip and may seem to not know she is doing it, this is more common when they are sleeping....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it's the first time i've noticed it.  she has been licking herself a little more than normal, i don't see straining, she stays in one spot, and it's just been yellow/clearish shen i'ved wiped it.

i guess if it gets worse it would probably be some sort of urinary issue i should take her to the vet for?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Don't know about the potty part.
As for the shedding, do you put a harness on her?  Maybe the harness is rubbing hair off.
That's all I can think of.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Have you changed her food lately?  I know when I put Kiah on Canidae she started shedding really bad.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i did change her food about a month ago to purina puppy chow (sam's has killer deals on dog food!).  it may be her collar though.  just never seen a dogs hair shed like that in one area.

·
Registered
52 Posts
kiahsmom\";p=\"58011 said:
The Pro Plan naturals are good and rated an "A".
The only Purina Pro Plan product I'd consider letting my dog eat would be the 'Purina Pro Plan Selects Natural Salmon and Brown Rice Formula'.  It has the least by-products, corn and grains.

All the other Purina products are heavy in animal by-products and corn. They are also grain heavy as well.

A good website is http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com

They rate dry and wet dog food by stars. Most Purina products get 1-2 Stars, while quality items like Canidae and Timberwolf receiver 5 Stars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts