Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding penny. When Penny doesn;t see me or my girldfrined for awhile and we enter the room and let her out of her crate she walks out calmly and ready to go out. (This is great by the way... I'm not compalining) When our neighbors run into us outside and see penny and they approach her. Penny begins to jump up on there legs, starts to lick them and is extremely happy. Her tail is goig from side to side rapidly and hugs our neighbors. She doesn;t do that when she sees us. Is this good or Bad? Just a bit jealous. I figured we are the ones that take care of her...so we should be  the ones getting all the attention. Whats your take on this??? Just curious...being this is our first boxer.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fiona always acts more excited to see other people.  She will come to me and bean her body around when she has not seen me for a while, but generally she see's me all the time.  When she see's Jamie (the girl that works with me) she goes crazy....I think she would just go get in her car and go home with her on any given day or moment and not think twice about me again...
I think it is just that she has an out going personality, which is not a bad thing.  There are other boxers that run and hide when seeing someone else....they are scared and not as out going....I think this is something that changes sometimes with age...The older Fiona gets the more attached she seems...

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
My boxer does the same thing when she sees anyone else. I think she senses the energy of excitement that your neighbors probably give out when they approach her. My boxer is a "give what she gets " kind of dog.If someone walks by and pays no attention to her, she will not pay any attention to them.However,if someone approaches her with any excitement whatsoever she starts doing 360's and gets sooo excited, it is all i can do to calm her down. Don't take it personal, no matter what it is you guys she loves best.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mine do the same thing when my mom comes over.  They won't leave her alone.  The jump all over her and give her tons of kisses.  Maybe it's just someone different to get attention from.  But yeah, she loves you guys the best!

·
Registered
24 Posts
We always laugh at this at the dog park.  They are our best friends until we get there.....once we are there they outright disown us and would just assume leave with the cool friends they just met...TRAITORS  :)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
[quote="Josh\";p=\"39687":39rynmnb]We always laugh at this at the dog park.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="Josh\";p=\"39687":2v7s3xp8]We always laugh at this at the dog park.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
LOL Odin LOVES US and goes crazy for us when hubby first comes home or sometimes when I just get him all worked up... but when he sees friends and neighbors and strangers... he goes crazy!! I remember when we went for a walk the other day people were actually moving out of the way scared of him it seemed... losers. Anyway... even this BIG GUY was like... "Is that a boxer?" and asked how old... I said 8 months and he said "Wow, he's a monster!" Odin starting wiggling and beaning... it was so funny... the guy relaxed and was petting him... I said "I guess so, if you called him the Slobber Monster!"

LOL ANYWAY... don't be jealous... a boxer would never actually choose some one else over you!! Just seems that way cuz' they are so friendly!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts