Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Samson is a bit standoffish for a boxer, possibly due to all that happened ot him before I adopted him..Yes, he loves Marq & I to death, but he will very easily just go off into another room, lay on his bed for a snooze, rather than be right with everyone....Well my sister was here last w/end and both Samson & Angel REALLY took to her. One nite Jill went back into her bedrom to read for a bit and found Samson laying at the foot of her bed. She grabs her book, starts to lay down, Samson starts getting up, she told him"it's ok, you dont' have to move". Not only did he move, I guess he felt that was an invitation cos he crawled up in her lap! My 90 lb standoffish cream puff. When Jill told me about that the next morning I almost cried, so did she when he layed on her  :lol: Yea, I know that would have been a great "Kodak" moment, but by the time she would have hollered fo rme, and I got the camera, Samson would have moved....

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
that is a great story. it is always so heartwarming to hear about animals  who have had a rough past showing trust in people.that is so wonderful, so happy for you and samson.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwww Samson thats wonderful isnt it? Isis had such a bad life and doesnt really take to many other people..she 'likes ' them but not too close..when my mom & dad came here in august which was their first time meeting her Isis didnt leave my moms side..everywhere she went..wed never seen her do that before except with me..

not trying to hijack just totally felt where you were coming from..its a heart warming feeling when they do that after a horrible past..

i feel like we have shown them love that they never knew existed...and they are learnng thats it ok to show it back to others besides us..we wont allow anyone to hurt them ever again...a true moment of joy with a rescued dog :D

just my take on it....maybe its just me lol

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree with you Ky. I mean Samson doesn't even cuddle me that much, so for him to do that with my sister I thought was soo great. Oh yes, and Angel, well she liked snooping thru her suitcase  8O

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa shes all girl hahahaha hmmm where has this lady been and does she have dogs or a cat person? hmmm let me seeee hahahaaha

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
AWWW Samson, you're a 90 lb cuddle bug!! Maybe Angel was just checking to see if her Auntie Jill had cookies stashed in the suitcase :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Willow, that is so great to hear.  Wonderful job you have done taking care of him or he wouldn't have felt safe cudling with someone.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
awww samson is such a cute pup and Travis tells me almost every day how much he wants you to give him samson. i think deep down he believes if he wishes hard enough youll give in. Samson just looks so gentleman like i love his face! it must have been so lovely to have him cuddle up!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww...so sweet! Willow give that big boy some extra hugs from me and Maddie.  >:D<

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Awww Samson is a softy. I loved the story, it's so great that he trusted her enough to cuddle up to her. So..when can I come to your house to see if he'll cuddle with me?  :p I just LOVE that boy.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Your sister must be a wonderful person to pick up on her energy like that and just make himself so comfortable with her.  Angel's a love too - just checking stuff out lol.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
That is awesome, I am glad to hear that.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Great story :D ! I'm sure dogs feel things we can't and he had a 'feeling' that told him he could trust your sister. Lovely thing to happen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts