Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while since I posted any pictures or anything and im getting ready to get the camera out. Just thought I would let you all know we were still here. I also have a cute but kinda sad little story.

I returned to my hometown of Battle Creek, Michigan/ Kalamazoo, Michigan to visit some friends and family for a couple of reasons.
One of which is kinda sad. My great uncle had another heart attack and some internal bleeding that the docs cant seem to locate. He was in ICU for a while and seems to be doing a little better. They still however cant seem to locate where the bleeding is coming from.

Second reason being my friend was supposed to be induced to have her baby since he is a whopping 9lbs at 8 mos, but they ended up deciding against it for a few reasons.

Sunday my other half picked me up after I had been gone for a week and he brought Summer along.
My grandma HATES dogs but she fell in love with mine :D (I told her she would) She was so interested in her and it was cute.
My aunt and her kids live with my grandma since my Poppie passed away and they are 2(Allie) and 5 (Cameron)
They were both so intrigued by her size and Cameron said "I think I could ride her" I just couldn't help but laugh and say "Cam she would probably let ya!"

Allie however wanted no part in the dog... that is until we pulled away from the stop sign in front of my grandmas house. My aunt called me just a couple minutes after we left and said Allie sat in the window crying saying "My dog  :cry: , why did she take my dog?" I felt so bad.

Anywho just a little story and update on how things are going.
Its looking like Summers UTI is back again and im not sure what im going to do.
Oh and we are buying a house that has a fenced in yard *hopefully*

All in all the last week and a half has been quite bittersweet.
I hope things are going great for everybody!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I hope your great uncle cont. to get better.  I can't believe that can't find the bleeding with all of todays tech.  Did your friend ever have her baby?  And that sounds right, she wanted nothing to do with her until you left, that seems to be how it usually goes.  Our friend's daughter (she is two as well) is the same way, she will come and only want the cats until I let the dogs outside then she will go to the door and start screaming.  

And you banner looks great.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She hasn't had her baby yet, they are now making her go full term now. My Great uncles docs are a little slow I think, They didnt even realize that his kidneys were failing on him. My aunt who is a nurses assistant had to ask them if they bothered to check.
I tried really hard with the banner, I could still use a little practice I think. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I swear it is hard to find a good hospital with good doctors anymore.  Several of our friends have just had babies and I can't believe some of the things I heard and seen.  Our one friend had a resident pull out her baby (sorry no kids that probably isn't the correct terminalogy) and the baby had a huge bump on his head from it (it has since went away).

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree on not being able to find a good doctor anymore. Most of them out here would rather diagnose something without running tests. Another bad thing about living in Detroit is that there isnt a "Doctors office" there are only "clinics" And when I think clinic I think doctors that are volunteering their time and they really dont care... I dont know maybe its just me

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
No I don't think it is just you, my doctor isn't even a doctor yet shes a Physicans assist.  I didn't even know that until just recently.  Don't get me wrong I like her and she's a friend of my b/f's family so I trust her but you don't even know who is treating you anymore.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had that happen to me when I was like 12. I was still seeing a pediatrician and he was a NURSE. My mother was LIVID. She yanked us out of there quite quickly.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
He was a nurse, can they even do that?  The nurse for my PA doesn't even answer questions with out saying this is just my opinion you might want to ask the PA when she gets in here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts