Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Zoe to the vet like everyone suggested and it was a LOT less anxiety-filled (at least for me) than I thought it was gonna be. The coughing and hacking was due to ALLERGIES according to the vet. He put her on 1mg per lb of benedryl  3 times a day so we're stuffing 2 25mg capsules into a piece of hotdog and she gobbles it down.....YAY! The vet said we should see a noticeable change in about 3 days, if not he'd give her an injection to take her through the season. But she's hasn't hacked or wheezed ONCE that I can remember since yesterday!!

Never even CROSSED my mind that was the problem......LIVE AND LEARN!! But given that PEOPLE have fall allergies it only make sense, since a dog's senses are many times greater than ours and a boxers are prone to respiratory problems given their short snouts.

As far as the bumps on the underneath side of her tail, the vet asked how long she had, had them and I said most of her life that i can remember and he looked and said they "appear" to be "wart-like" growths but nothing to get alarmed about. He DID say to keep an eye on them for any change in size,color,shape,etc.

So advice for anybody out there with coughing and hacking boxers........could be allergies!! Thanks for all the help for those who replied, nice to know there's help and advice there for when I need it!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I am so happy to hear that it was allergies!! And that Zoe is feeling much better! It's hard when you don't know what's wrong, sometimes you think the worst but it ends up being something easy to treat! This is great news, thanks for letting us know!  :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts