Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago my 18 month old female boxer, Maddie had surgery for a blockage. She is doing well and has healed nicely. However, ever since she has not had to wear the E-collar she randomly will lick any of her paws excessively. She will lick randomly during the day but she is consistent with waking up at 3am and will start licking her paws excessively. Her paws look fine and she never did this before her surgery. I haven’t changed her dog food and typically I wipe her paws off before coming back into the house. I don’t know if it’s the start of environmental allergies or start of food allergies... any thoughts??

Dog food: Holistic Select Adult Health Lamb Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Hmm, glad to hear she came thru her surgery well. Since this is a pretty sudden onset I probably would talk to the vet about it. Paw licking I understand can be a real pain and difficult to determine the cause . Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on her food and cleaning of her paws. Any chance you changed brands of detergent or what you clean with? Maybe a new product on your lawn? Sometimes manufacturers even change their formulars of what we normally use. I hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I would guess the paw licking is some kind of environmental allergy with fall fast approaching the leaves that come down can harbor mold wiping her paws off when coming in may help would be good to consult the Vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts