Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided that since Duke is turning one yr at the end of january I am wanting to get a new puppy.  I have been looking at rescues but i am kind of partial to the dogue de bordeaux and there is are two different breeders fairly close to me only about a 2 hr drive but they are so big and adorable i just wanted to share these pics with everyone
This pup is from a previous litter

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i love them too but i wouldnt have room for one at the moment. My bf teased me today saying..you can have a french mastiff if you want knowing i wouldnt get one because theyre so big! beautiful puppy and if you do get a puppy make sure to post up more pics!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I betcha Duke would love having a playmate like that....Good luck and let us know what you decide on with pics, of course  :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I use to have 2 Great Danes so i know that larger dogs are more expensive, the two of them nearly ate me out of house and home. But as far as the mastiff goes my neighbor has 3 english mastiffs that he has taken in for the great plains mastiff rescue and they are awesome dogs.  And so spoiled too.  But ive always been a fan of huge dogs.  According to the AKC the standard for the dogue de bordeaux is 23.5-27 in tall and at the least 110lbs for males the breeders im looking their pair both weight in at 130lbs

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love them too, along with rotties, American Bulldogs and obviously Boxers. One guy down the street has one and I see him walking his occasionally they`re pretty much like a heavyweight version of a boxer.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Don't know much about them but they sure do look cute, big but cute.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Beautiful! :D

A lady goes by my house every day with a female one called Gucci, she is fantastic but is very shy :D  :D

Goodluck :D

·
Registered
80 Posts

Look at this guy. Looks alot like big heavyweight boxer. Imagine a fully fawn boxer without the black mask. If Tito didn't have his black mask he'd look like a middleweight younger version of this guy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts