Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

A question only a newbie Boxer owner could ask!

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Barbs2Ks 
#1 ·
What is a "bully stick" and where do I get one??! :oops:

I'm assuming, from what I've read, that it is some kind of a chew treat although I haven't figured out what exactly!!!

G
#2 ·
You really wanna know?  Haha.  Its actually from what I have been told a bull penis.

You can get them at petsmart or petco.  I got a few for Binga and Bear at petsmart.  they LOVE them.  As gross as they are it keeps them occupied

:)

#3 ·
Oh, I'm not so glad I asked now!  LOL ...  I can just see me walking into my local PetSmart and asking for "bull penis".  HAHAHA....

They aren't considered a rawhide, are they?

#4 ·
There are actually a couple different kinds, one kind REALLY smells bad..I wouldn't recomend those..Heather(HannaBanana) knows of some places to get "natural" ones that don't smell. Mine absolutely loved the ones that were in their Christmas stockings, no smell, no stinkies :)

#7 ·
I buy the Moo Bully's made by Free Range Dog Chews from my local Pet Store. They are odor free, and I think that is what Heather puts in her baskets. Not sure though.

I've ordered treats from here too.

http://www.bestbullysticks.com/  

Also, some places call bully's pizzle sticks too!  :wink:

#8 ·
They really aren't considered rawhides, and definitely stay away from those...Besides the bully sticks, I give mine(Angel actually) Nylabones and the Healthy Edible Nylabones...

G
#10 ·
I need to get those!  The ones I have smell AWFUL!  I light a few candles to mask the odor..  haha.  They don't seem to mind the smell though   :roll:

Also I block them off in the kitchen with them so they are on the hard floor.  Its easier to clean.  I don't like the thought of that thing on my carpet    8O

#11 ·
Thanks!  I wanted to make sure they weren't a rawhide as that is something I don't want to give him.  

I do give him a Nylabone, although he doesn't seem overly interested in it.  He seems to get mad and frustrated, maybe because he can't really chew on it properly yet?  It's funny to watch though....attacking with his front paws and throwing it around!

I'll have to go looking for some bully sticks weekend!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.