Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some background for the new people on here...We've only had Angel since Feb. Got her from a breeder I met thru my meetup..Angel was destined to be a "star" except for the fact that she is a wee bit pigeon toed in her stack, so her career ended before it started...Rhonda decided to wait and breed her in a couple years, she has a gorgous head and she felt that she would produce some great pups. Well that was not to be, when Angel had her first season, her uterus prolapsed, so there went her breeding career. So after she was spayed, she waited to see if the sweeling would go down from the prolapse, it didn't which necessitated a second surgery to correct that...So this little girl has been thru the mill..Anyways, she's basically been kenneled most of her life, so we started from scratch on the potty training (still have some issues with that one)..But the biggest project wa steaching her commands..Sit was a doozie to learn, but she's masterd that, wait was pretty easy, leave it was too...Come has been a project...I've taught them both to sit & wait before we go outside, not to barrel out the door and knock Momma down, did very well with that...So lately, when we go out the door, Angel has been doing a sit at the top of the steps, waiting for me to shut the door!!! All on her own, I didn't teach this to her..I was floored when she did this, so now I'm doing it every time we go out and she hasn't missed a beat yet... :) Marq told me that he had noticed it too when he was taking her out and bless him, he's encouraging it also...I knew this girl was smart, hardheaded, but smart......

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
WooHoo Angel! Good Girl!  :dance:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
WOOHOO!!!!  Way to go Angel...Show mom and dad what you got!!!

Encouraging vibes to samsonsmom and dad!!!  cyber hugs and kisses to Angel and Samson!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yay for Angel!!! You and Marq and come teach Mia a little somethin' somethin' when she's older!  :lol:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Well done Angel and well done you :D Think i need some serious training myself.
I'm ashamed to say Voltaire has me trained and not the other way around.
He dribbles like a tap (faucet?) - i give food
He pulls hard on lead - i give slack
He stands in front of pantry door - i give treats
He brings his ball - i play
He climbs on knees - i cuddle
He whines till i get out of bed - i get up
He barks when i kiss husband - we seperate.
:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
OK. I'm thoroughly ashamed. I've just realized how useless i am....will aim to improve :?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ROTFLMAO..Caillou, now I didn;t say my 2 were perfect, they do all those things you mentioned also, so maybe they aren't that well trained.... :lol: Or like you , I am very well trained....I have to share that with MARQ, he will totally agree

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Caillou and samsonsmom....I am in the very well trained group too!! Just read my siggy!!  :p

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
[quote="caillou\";p=\"12532":1ilsg1me]Well done Angel and well done you :D Think i need some serious training myself.
I'm ashamed to say Voltaire has me trained and not the other way around.
He dribbles like a tap (faucet?) - i give food
He pulls hard on lead - i give slack
He stands in front of pantry door - i give treats
He brings his ball - i play
He climbs on knees - i cuddle
He whines till i get out of bed - i get up
He barks when i kiss husband - we seperate.
:oops:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol, so I guess it's unanimous, we are all we-trained parents of our babies.... :lol: Do we get diplomas for this too??

·
Registered
780 Posts
Congratulations to Angel, she is a smart girl!

Ours have us trained too....Calli was the worst, everynight at 8pm she would start pacing around for her treat and wouldn't let up until she got it.  Our floor is just not as clean anymore with our Calli girl gone.....her nickname was the "quicker picker upper"!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
not sure how i missed this, but congrats Angel!!  

My girls stand right in the door way so i cant get through, and just stare at me. I tell them if they would move i could get through and take them out- i finally have to bully my way through then snap the leash and tell them lets go.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OMG, the diploma is awesome...I'm going to print it and hang it on the frig.... :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Way to go girl. Mine are a paint to train but they are getting the sitting down and come to me pretty well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts