Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was home for luch today and was rubbing Rocky's belly.  I thought I saw a sore and it was a stitch from him getting neutered!  He got fixed on March 6th and 2 weeks later (3/20) got the stitches out.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  Luckily, bf was home too and was able to get it out.  It didn't bleed or anything, it just had two little dots.  I'm glad I saw it!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
our rott had a little piece left over for about a year... we had no idea and brought it up to the vet and they said it was a knot from a stitch

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ugh! I just found one on Gus (no redness, just a little knot)!! He was neutered in January...but I remember the Vet saying they would dissolve. We were told we didn't need to go back unless it got infected. He did great with it and never licked...so should we too pull it out?! Did it hurt Rocky?  :(

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote="LoveMyBoy\";p=\"109808":v9sakcnz]Ugh! I just found one on Gus (no redness, just a little knot)!! He was neutered in January...but I remember the Vet saying they would dissolve. We were told we didn't need to go back unless it got infected. He did great with it and never licked...so should we too pull it out?! Did it hurt Rocky?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, my BF looked at it and is just not comfortable with removing it...Vet said to bring him in and it will just take a second...I can get him weighed too!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh goodness, Logan just got out of surgery from getting neutered they said to bring him back for the stich removal, I'll be sure to look closely now before I leave from that visit. Glad to hear they are all right otherwise.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
yeah our vet was like u can just pull it off... i was like no, i'll just bring him in lol.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out a month ago and i just yesterday found a piece of stitch lol... sometimes they just cant dissolve i guess lol

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Alot of times they dont disolve as they should and the knot is the place that usually last...It is very easy to take them out but if you are not comfortable I would let the vets office do it....Laura....I had bone chips and stitch's popping out of my gum for about 3 months off and on after surgery....they just tend to work their way to the top and push out....I guess similiar to splinters....if you leave them alone they will eventually come out :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts