Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, We bring Vega home ast week and all is well. I take her to the vet and again, a healthy boxer pup the vet says. She gives me the dewormer (powder to mix with her food). Vega gets bad diaherrea *sp.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Re: A tad pissed off

Oh Im so sorry you have to deal with this! The wormer may have something to do with it also! When I wormed Roxy again when she was 8 weeks she got diarhea from it! Im very suprised the breeder did that seeing how it is common sense that just switching food like that is going to mess with the pups stomach! I hope she is feeling better soon

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Re: A tad pissed off

that is a really stupid move by the breeder!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would be more than a "tad " angry too.  i am soooo sorry.

if you can get it quickly (even if not) get your hands on some "Slippery Elm" powder.  Mix a teaspoon in with enough water to make a paste and mix it in her food or add more water to make it loose enough to suck up into a dropper and give it to her that way.

I swear by this stuff.  It totally works wonders for dogs and humans alike and has no adverse side effects-- no really, I read a dozen articles about it before giving it to my children and again when Ginsy was little and had bad diarhea for weeks on end 8O  and it cleared up the diarhea instantly.

Better by far than pepto for all sorst of digestive upsets-  from someone whos been there :oops:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Can't blame you for being angry, breeders should definately know better.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote="1stboxer\";p=\"16131":3r9bk1rw]I would be more than a "tad " angry too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts