Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at our local boxer rescue site and this is the story on the featured boxer and his brother that didn't get as lucky, it's discouraging that animal control people don't get more involved but I sure do hope that the stated changes actually make a difference, if you have a minute to spare check this out:

featured boxer story

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, what a sad, disturbing story....Something like that should never have gone that far...Both Boxers are/were handsome guys, such a shame...Here's hoping Mirfry finds an awesome forever home.....By the way, that's the rescue where we got our Tia from....Great place  :)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Poor poor Rocky man that hearts the ol ticker. I am very pleased that Mirfry is in good hands!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
What a terrible story! How terrible that this was allowed to go on so long. I glad Mirfry is out of there and in  caring hands...Mirfry deserves a forever home that will treat him like he is meant to be.. a wonderful home that is!

RIP Rocky!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Aghh, that just makes me so sick. One of the best parts of the story for me, is that at least one of the parties involved was fired and held accountable for what happened to that poor dog. Good for the other sweetheart pup that made it out in one piece.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:cry: id bet he already has a great home !!! someone in that whole situation couldnt resist i bet..i know i would be able to...

boy oh boy those emaciated pics bring back memories of Isis and how angry it makes me still that someone could treat them SO SO BADLY..and they dog STILL is such a sweetheart !!!

hearts of gold..they hang on hoping and wishing that they will be loved back :cry:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Poor Rocky, at least he felt some love at the end.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know I can't believe that animal control didn't step in earlier, it's good that someone got fired but an animal still was lost, and they are suppose to be the advocates for these guys! it's very discouraging in a way.

G

·
0 Posts
that makes me angry.  how could anyone let that happen?  i hope he has a good home now...  if not then soon.  if i was in that area i know i couldn't pass him up.

some people shouldnt be allowed to own animals.  ever.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
that is a really horrible story...glad to hear though that action was taken against parties involved that let the situation get to this point. Something should of been done about this case months before hand and not let it go on that long. I hope that guy finds a great home...he truly deserves it!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
that is just so heartbreaking..they were supposed to be an advocate for those dogs..glad one got fired..that is terrible how he suffered all alone.shame on the (former) owner for treating them that way..how you could you sleep at night and look in the mirror after treating an animal that way???!! sorry for the rant but it just makes me so upset and is very disturbing! i am glad mirfry is going to go to a loving forever home.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I hope the guy gets prosecuted!  If you don't want to feed, give the shots needed, and do the preventative care, then you don't need a pet.  I get so pissed when I see pics of any starving animal like that, because a little food could have solved that problem.  And I'm even gonna specify what is being fed, that's the owners decision.  Just take care of your pet and be responsible!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hope the guy gets sent to prison and made into someones girlfriend.  I cannot stand this stuff.  I would like 5 min. alone with anyone and everyone who mistreats these poor dogs.    
-Richard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts