Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a wonderful picnic. Max was very well behaved... until we went walking in the woods! Then he went into sensory overload!

When we stopped so my son could climb on this tree, I wrapped the leash around my wrist to take pictures. Apparently, some small critter caught Max's eye and we was compelled to give chase! The leash caught hold instead of unwinding and there was such pressure, I actually thought my wrist would snap! I lunged forward, splaying myself across the tree trunk but managing to grab the leash with my other hand and pull back. This relieved the pressure and I was able to unwind the leash. The skin on the inside of my wrist was scraped off; I have a big gash and huge bruise!

So there will be no more walks in the woods until I get the right kind of training collar for Mighty Max. Or a harness and cart to pull me on!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Max, you hurted mummys hand :(

But im sure the picnic was great, your pics are lovely and your son is very cute. :D

Darn critter, im sure they pop out on purpose, and you obviously didnt see the rasberry he was blowing at Max when your back was turnt 8O  :lol:  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sorry about your wrist, sounds painful.  Max was just trying to protect you from that fearsome critter.  Great pictures, the ones of your son in the tree are great and Max is looking good.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Max really is a good boy. Just has to learn leash manners!

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Your pics are beautiful and so is your family! Hope your wrist is feeling better. Max was just trying to "catch your dinner", he,he,he....Lotsa luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
We got a softtouch halter for Hoss as he had never been leash trained when we adopted him and a leash with a slight elastic pull, it really cut down on the pulling and lunging. What a sweet looking dog.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Looks like you had a beautiful day! Sorry about your wrist, though. Ouch!

We have a family of feral cats that has taken up residence in the bushes behind our property. Now that the kittens are older, they're starting to wander a little more. I was walking Virgil last weekend and didn't realize one of the kittens was hiding in the front hedge. Next thing I know, Virgil lunges through the hedge and I get dragged through with him. I'm able to laugh about it now, but it wasn't very funny at the time. I can just imagine what it might have looked like to the neighbors, me disappearing into a "poof" of leaves. :crutch:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts