Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is that time of year where the grills and drinks come out. I just thought I would share this cocktail with you all.

8 cups diced watermelon (about 1/2 of a small watermelon), plus slices for garnish
8 ounces lemon vodka, chilled
7 ounces simple syrup, (recipe follows)
1 (17.5-ounce) can coconut juice (Liz I am sure can get the freshest)
1 lemon

Chill watermelon in the freezer for 30 minutes. Put all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Serve very cold in a chilled glass, and garnish with watermelon or lemon slices.

Simple Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. (Alternatively, heat in the microwave.) Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ooh, that sounds yum!  I love watermelon.

Another good one for watermelon is simply to drill a hole in one, pour in a bottle of peach schnapps (you may have to do this bit by bit while it soaks in).  Leave it for a few hours then slice and serve as normal.  Gorgeous!

(Warning - clearly label any leftovers as adults-only lest you inadvertently cause your kids to become lushes!)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sounds great, it is so hot and humid out right now wish I had one :partyman: Probably wouldn't get much work done. :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
These both sound Yummy! I've spiked watermelon with vodka before but not the schnapps. I'll have to try that. I think they even have watermelon schnapps. That first recipe with the lemon vodka and coconut juice sounds really good....:partyman:

·
Registered
508 Posts
:puke: VODKA. sounds great but the vodka part. Sorry after drinking vodka so much about 1 1/2 yrs ago i cant stand the taste and now i will hug the toilet, same with jaegarmeister. But i can put some Patron tequila in it and I bet that would taste good as well.  :p . I think i want a drink, time to pull the bottles out.  :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts