Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum because we're trying to find a good home for an 8-week old boxer mix puppy who was thrown from a truck into traffic.  

We saw the guy and were able to rescue the pup before another cars hit her.  But she did sustain a green llimb fracture to her right back leg.  We took her to the vet, and he says the fracture will heal fine.  In fact, she's already putting her weight on it.  We had him give her all the shots she should have and check her out.  She's adorable, good natured, and almost completely housebroken and well cared for.  We think that she bit the jerk and he threw her out ... because she is doing so much puppy biting right now.

Well we can't keep her ... we have our elderly parents living at home instead of a nursing home, and they barely navigate the house with walkers.  It just won't work.  She needs a home with another dog to help her learn.  We contacted friends, friends of friends, and several businesses.  We are hesitant to just put up a free puppy sign in stores because we are afraid she might be collected for fighting or research.  So we are only giving photos and signs to people we know.

So, any suggestions or help?  I'd post a photo, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Beaglesister

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Where are you located? I am in Houston. If you are close by, please contact the Lonestar Boxer Rescue. They will make sure that pup finds a good home. That is where I got my two spoiled brats... :D

http://www.lonestarboxerrescue.com/

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yes, please do - that is not too far from Houston. They may have someone in that area that can take her. Kudos to you for rescuing her in the first place!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thank You for saving that little girl. I would have followed him till he stopped his vehicle and stompped a mud hole in his ass. :eek:nfire:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We were able to get a partial tag number, but the local animal control officer hasn't had any luck finding him.  I hope he could at least be fined.  The jerk is lucky my brother didn't get to his truck and pull him out of it, but he was too busy trying to retieve the puppy who was crying in pain.  The car following the truck almost hit her.

I just want to find her a good home soon.  We can't keep her here with my parents ... they're in their 80s and not in good health or very mobile.  My brother provides 24 hour home health care for them, but he can't do more with a puppy.

G

·
0 Posts
i live in SE texas.  i would LOVE another dog, but my husband would FLIP if i brought one home   :(

where we live now its barely enough room for us and binga.  we make sure to give her lots of outside time (releasing the explosive energy)

i would LOVE to see a pic of her!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad you were able to save her and take her to the vet for care.  I hope she finds a great home and I suggest that you contact the boxer rescue also.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Kudos for resuing that little girl...Hopefully Lone Star Rescue can take her in and find her a forever home....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts