Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm new to the Forum, So please excuse me if this has already been asked and answered. I have a 5 1/2 month old boxer that I just switched from Taste of the Wild to Acana singles Lamb & Apple. I've heard good reviews about it so that's why I switched. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Acana brand. I'm also feeding her about 3 cups per day. She is around 40 pounds and I often bring her to the dog park for exercise. Am I feeding her too much or too little?
Thanks for any input you may have.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I switched from BB to Acana Duck & Pear about 7 months ago. Have had no issues, and he loves it.

3 cups sounds about right for an active pup. It was the amount I fed Zuke and he is extremely active. It is higher in protein than other dog foods so I would just keep an eye on her weight and adjust accordingly if need be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If as you say you often bring her to the dog park for exercise, this is an excellent amount of food for this breed of dog per day. I give my dog about the same amount of food, but it also nibbles ace antlers every day. They are useful for teeth and gums because they contain a large number of minerals and vitamins that strengthen teeth. However, the most important thing is not to forget that the dog needs physical activity and as much fresh air as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts