Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was boiling some pasta and when I went to drain it some of the boiling water splashed out of the pot and got my pooch on the head.  Now, a week later he has what looks like an open wound where the water hit him.  I'm guessing that he got burned pretty bad and now the wound is healing up???  Has anyone ever experienced anything like this??  I went ahead and put some bacitracin on it cause it really doesn't seem to be bothering him to the point where he is scratching it, not to mention its right behind his ear so it's kinda hard for him to get to it.......
Any ideas on what to do???  It doesn't seem serious enough for a vet visit, but if I have to take him I have no problem doing so.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Re: Accidental scalding....need some help....not too serious

My mother-in-law's english bulldog had a hot water bottle burst on him when he was just a few days old. His burns were severe enough to leave permanent bald splotches on 1/3 of his side. A bit of water splashing doesn't seem like it would leave lasting damage. but if you're doubting it, you may want to just take him to the vet and see what they have to say?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

i would watch it for a few days. just like with a human it may possibly blister, then once the new skin is formed it should pop and heal then be fine. just keep an eye on it. now if it gets infected looking then i would talk to your vet.

·
Registered
496 Posts

I think i agree with watching it. but if it looks infected at all you need to go to your vet.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

I would put some Neosporin on it to keep it from getting infected.  Neosporin is for burns also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts