Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie has acne mainly on her lower chin.  We feed them out of stainless steel.  Is there anything that I can put on those spots.  She will pick at them until they bleed and I just want them to go away.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sharon, I was just looking for your post because I couldn't remember what you recommended to Lisa that worked so well for Maddie.  I need to write that down in case Kiah has that problem.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
okay well dont write that down..(oxy clean)..that is the laundry soap stuff.....I meant Oxy Pads!!!!!!

Ya know the acne pads.....Yes I have not heard from Lisa in a while on this....I guess it is still going good!!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
:rofl:   Definately won't get Oxy-clean

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yes...still going good! Here are some before and after pics of Maddies chin. She still isn't being very cooperative with pictures after the Pricess Leia photo shoot, so here's the best that I have. Although I don't think Maddies was acne, I do think it was/is bacterial so the pads help tremendously! You can definitely see that whatever was causing the swelling on her chin, the pads have helped immensely. Thanks again, Sharon!  :D

Before the Oxy Pads

During the Oxy Pads

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SharonL, is it true that dogs can't lick down.  I was concerning that she may be able to lick something like Neosporin.  I'll definitely try Oxypads.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Lisa her chin looks SOOOOOO much better.
Jeep-----It would not be easy for a dog to lick their own chin....No I dont think they can do that at all!....and even if they licked Neosporin it would not hurt them....They should not eat a tube of it...but licking wont hurt them!

There has been some debate on plastic bowls vs stainless bowls for causing bumps on the chin. It generally is acne or bacterial and either way the oxy PADS  :lol: will seem to help!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis gets that too..never tried the Oxy..will have to... :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
tyson used to sit and snork in the water bowl, We keep two different water supplies for them, one outside in a big steel wash bucket, and a auto waterer inside with a jug on it.. Every once in a while they'd drain it, and tyson would sit there and blow and snort in it till we filled it up, heh.. he'd get acne and scratch up his chin from that, but was kinda funny to watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts