Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi & Welcome!!
Mosley is a great looking guy.  He needs a friend.  Check out your local boxer rescue groups.  There are some great boxer babies available.
We adopted our Bella from a rescue.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Your boy is Cute :)  Hi and welcome!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi again and welcome.  Mosley is absolutely beautiful.... what a handsome face.  We absolutely recommend having two boxers!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hello, and welcome...sounds like we have a lot in common (at least two teenage sons, 14 and 17...I actually have two more to add to that, 10 and 16...and the 17 will be 18 shortly!Yikes!)

We have two boxers...we bought littermates from our favorite boxer dog Jackson(prior to our furbabies) Your Mosley is GORGEOUS...looks a lot like my Indy... 8)  I definitely recommend a pair...and I have seen MANY boxer babies available from rescues that I would LOVE to save, but we only have room for two...check those out!) If you look around you will see a few that are baby babies(very little) that were recently rescued...but, the other positive about a rescue is you may be getting one that is a year or two old and already housebroken...and probably just as happy to go with the family! Our boys love to go EVERYWHERE with us!

Welcome again...enjoy your search...Boxers are so wonderful...you can't go wrong...just make sure you know baby's health conditions!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had one dog growing up, my hubby always had 2. He wanted 2 once it was time for us to get our own dogs.  I was a bit nervous, but we both work and wanted the first to have company while we were gone...plus, I just cannot resist dogs.  So we resuced Abby and about a month later resecued Brady.  
Now, Abby is the world's laziest boxer, but about 2 weeks before we brougth Brady home, she started getting restless at night...just like she had not used up enough of her energy during the day. But she was not interested in playing or running around, even though she had a playroom to do so in...and it was winter and she HATED the cold and the snow so getting her to walk outside was awful.  
Brady changed everything....she plays so much with him that she is worn out every day now (and she loves to walk with her buddy now, even in the snow..Brady taught her to eat the snow)...and honestly, it has made our life much easier. They amuse each other and keep each other company. She has become much more independant and they just sooo enjoy each other's company, I don't feel as bad leaving for work any more. Brady is a little less independant, he's an extreme mama's boy, so sometimes Abby has a little bit of a time trying to pull him away from me to play, but she always wins in the end!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your replies.. Mosley and Indy do look alike! I am looking for more pictures on our computers and cameras, but my files are to large..

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. Mosley talks in "wookie" but I think he says Thank you too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Word of warning. My boxer male is 6 1/2. We rescued a female when she was @ 1 year old. All was well in our happy boxer home for 4 years, until 2 months ago when our male started having some problems. The female started attacking him. Not just a squabble, but an out and out attack. We tried working with trainer and behavorist but to no end. Sadly we had to place our beloved female into rescue.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I would highly recomend a second boxer! They are soo much fun in pairs. As my Samson is 10 1/2 & Angel is 2, I would also suggest not waiting too long to add another...The biggest issue we have is that Samson just can't keep up with Angel! But they are the best of friends despite Angel being a pest.  :lol: As you have a male, I would suggest a female, that combo works well. If your Mosley isn't neutered, you might want to have that done as well....To me, there is nothing more entertaing than watching 2 boxers at play, I can watch them for hours.....

Bringing a puppy in may be better, then again not, it depends on Mosley. Samson is a very laid back guy, nothing phases him, so I was comfortable bringing in Angel who was 1 1/2 at the time...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Hello and Welcome. 2 boxers are definitely recommended by many, we just got our first but will probably get a second one day. Your Mosley is so handsome!

·
Registered
70 Posts
love that handsome face on your boy Mosely!
I wish you much luck and lots of puppy love on whatever you decide!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mosely is just sooo handsome!  Very nice looking!  Good luck on adding a second...I haven't done that yet, so I'm sorry I have no advice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all again for your responses.  With just the slightest intentions of getting a new puppy, and a day at home alone, was all my wife needed to secure the deal.

We will be recieving our new eight week old male fawn next week!  With our busy schedule of traveling, (motocross, harescrambles and baseball) I may need to look for a larger motorhome! oh darn. This is working out better than I thought.....We will need an extra 10' for sure.  Can you say diesel pusher....

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts