Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D   Ok we all ready have a beautiful 2.5 yr old male fawn boxer that we just love.  I was thinking on getting an English Bulldog.  Anyone have any idea if this is a good thing to bring into a house with a box?  Any info would be great!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
hello and welcome-i dont see a problem there would be. I had a friend that had a boxer who was i believe 1.5 or 2 when she rescued a bulldog. The boxer was male also and her bulldog was a female. They got a long just fine. hope this helps some, please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum.  I don't know why it wouldn't work.  Will the bulldog be a female and is your male neutered?  Sometimes two intact males won't get  along, but you could try introducing them to each other first.  Maybe take your boxer to meet your new dog first and let them get acquainted.  Hope it works out for you, please let us know.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!  We are considering a female that has been spayed.  I would like to rescue one, but they are hard to come by where we live.

·
Registered
948 Posts
You can do a Petfinder.com search for Bulldogs in your area.. It will definitely be cheaper than going through the hassle of finding a breeder with all the health problems they can have, you'll know the temperament of your rescue dog, and it will be tons cheaper and you'll be helping other future bulldogs in the rescue.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will do that!! Thanks!!  I got my dad a boxer through our local boxer rescue and my dad is SOOOOOOO Happy with him.  His name is Dino, and he is just a sweetie!! Now just got to find a english bulldog!

·
Registered
948 Posts
There are a lot in Maryland.. maybe if you talk to the foster parents (if the dogs are being fostered and not in a shelter), they may be willing to meet for excellent homes?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome and good luck on your search.  English Bulldogs are so cute.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!! I am still searching for the perfect little one to bring home!  Will keep everyone posted on my progress!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts