Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
I am quite anxious to hear if there are any other forum users who have more than 2 boxers. We have all males 7, 3 and 2 months and they get along famously , both of the older dogs have been neutered and we are planning to take the little one when is he old enough. Anyone out there have any words of wisdom.
Rgds
V

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
There are a few here with more than two, but not many. Ipersonally have 2, both females who also get along great! BTW welcome to the forum, cant wait to see pics ofyour clan :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum and we'd love to see pictures of your fur kids!  We have two and that's enough for right now.  When these two get older, much older, we will probably get another - but that won't be for a few years at least.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I only have one but am looking to get another.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome to the forum!  I have 2 but am looking to get a 3d after the begining of the year.  Can't wait to see pics of your babies!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just recently got my third at the end of August.  Let me tell you, they are a handful.  There would be no way I could handle them all without my boyfriend.  I will say, however, that I love them all and I don't regret getting three.  As a matter of fact, next November or December, once Roxy and Astro are both at least 2 years old and I get all their health testing done (with the hopes that all the tests come back fine), I will be continuing the breeding of Boxers from when my parents bred them.  I am also planning on keeping a puppy from their first litter.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We are planning on adding a third come spring as a play pal for Angel. Mainly as Samson ages (10 1/2) he can't keep up and I'm thinking ahead to the possibilty of something(god forbid) happening to him...If you have room, time, I say why not?  :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  Can't wait to see your babies!  

We had three for about 6 years but ours were a lot more spread apart in years.  We started with one, added a second who was a rescue and then added a puppy.  We got the rescue as a pal for the first and then got the puppy to help us transition if anything happened to our oldest (who was about 10 at the time).  Our oldest decided she had 5 more good years left so we ended up with three females.  It is a handful with three and the cost is higher but after you get them and fall in love with them there is no way to get rid of one.  We would probably never have three again at one time but they did for the most part get along well together.

I am not sure how it will be with all males but we did have some major fights among our girls with top dog issues.   These happened 2-3 times a year.  Never over food but we did have bloody fights over bones, the UPS man, etc.  When that happens you really need to have a plan to separate them.  If you have young kids you need to make sure they know to get away if that happens.  Our boxers NEVER went after us when they were fighting while we tried to separate them but if you put your hand in the wrong place you could of gotten bit.  We knew what set them off so we always tried to keep control over the situation but sometimes a fight would start out of the blue over a bone on the floor, etc.  If you have never seen full grown boxers fight it is very scary.  Of course they were best buddies right after a fight and went on like nothing happened.   Kissing each other, sleeping together, etc.  was amazing when just minutes before they wanted to kill each other.  Hopefully you won't have this happen to you.  I know that we found out AFTER we already had three females that it usually isn't recommended to put females together because of their dominence issues.   Since our rescue had been badly beaten before we got her that may have had something to do with it.  We don't know everything she went through before we got her, only that she was beaten, starved and abandoned.  She had also went through several adoptions and brought back before we got her.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I only have the one, but we will add a second in a couple of years. I can't wait to hear all about and see pics of your fur babies!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dear All
Thank you all for the feedback , much appreciated , have taken a quick pic of all three sleeping - the kids are more comfy on the couch than me and my husband :)

Rgds
V

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh my gosh, that is soo cute!!! Lol, yea, they do tend to take over the furniture

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I have three dogs right know, but i did at one point have 3 boxers. They got along fine, even though it wasnt for very long. I would have 937373 boxers if i was able to support them and had the room  :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
we only have one but were looking into getting a second in the new year. good luck, theyre adorable. How big is your youngest one? (weight). He looks like he is gonna be a big guy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi , could not agree more , they are a handful , but they make everyday worthwhile :) I have not yet weighed the lttl one recently , but in attached pic , he was 8 and a half weeks and if you look at the size of his paws , I reckon he will be quite large. His dad was very big , so I guess he takes after his daddy lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts