Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday morning, this sweet baby came to my backdoor. She was as skinny as a rail, withing her backbone, hipbones, and ribs easily visible. She scarfed down a bowl of cat food before I gave her some scrambled eggs. We tried to coax her into the house but wouldn't come in until she saw my son. She then became so excited that she couldn't contain herself and went right in! On Monday, I checked with the Humane Society to see if anyone had reported her missing. Noone had but they came and took her in anyway. They said that I can have her back, legally, if she is not claimed in 7 days. We are counting the days. My entire family fell instantly in love! I've never had a boxer before; we lost our 15-year-old Chow in Feb. 2007. I've been devouring the information on this website to prepare for our Rosie's homecoming!

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's great!! - Hope you get her! - You'll like it here... I've only been here a week and am addicted to be quite honest... lol

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I agree she is a very pretty girl. Since you have no other dogs i imagine that is her in the sig that you have already made :D good luck and keep us posted on when she gets to come home

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that's her in the sig! Some people might think it's crazy since I don't even know if I'll get back. But I think she is a gift from God! I've been trying for some time to convince my husband to get another dog but he hasn't wanted to. However, when this little girl came to our door, his heart melted. He is ready to have her back too.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Wow..I would have done the same..she actually is stunning, and do I see someone went to the expense of a crop on her ears?? OHHH my..I have my fingers crossed for you..who could let a beauty like that get away!! (DID Humane society check her for a chip yet?? )

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually her ears are natural. I guess it's hard to tell in the pictures. The Humane Society folks haven't told me they detected a chip but I don't know if they would tell me anything until the 7 days pass. Until then, I can only hope.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you can get her back too.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you to all for your support and kind thoughts. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Ohh..what a sweet story!! I hope she is doing well and comes HOME to you!!!! Welcome from Seattle!!!  

xoxo

Julia and Bibby

G

·
0 Posts
wow, to have a boxer show up on your doorstep would have been a dream for me as a child!  good luck in getting her and hopefully you and she will have a wonderful life together.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts