Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I just adopted an 8-month-old male rescue, Merlin, last weekend and what a wonderful choice we made! I had a boxer growing up and then 2 as a young adult. I had forgotten how much I loved the breed. I also have a Cairn Terrier that I adopted from a rescue group. The boxer is definitely giving the terrier a run for his money! I'm waiting for the next training session to begin so we can begin our classes. How can you NOT love this face??? It's hard to believe there are so many boxers in rescue groups.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcoem and congratulations to you on your Merlin; my Kiah was a rescue also.  She has enriched my life so much.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
how so very cute! i must congrat you on going through a rescue. he will bring so much joy in your life. Welcome to the forum, post more pics-we are what most people call addicts! :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Agreed, how can you not love that face? Welcome to you and the handsome Merlin...Kudos for rescuing him and your Cairn as well...Many of us have gotten our babies thru rescue and they are wonderful companions. Some have issues but oh they sure are happy to have found their forever home.  :) Feel free to jump in any time with questions you might have..We are pic happy as you can probably tell, so plenty of those makes us smile...... :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!  Merlin is definitely a cutie!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
You are so right.  I just love that face!!  I really makes you wonder how on earth such a beautiful boy could wind up in rescue.  How lucky for you both that you found each other.

I look at my Champ every day and wonder who on earth let him wind up in a kill shelter and what the heck was wrong with them!!!  Their loss and my gain.

Lucy

Mom to - Dixie DOB 12/03/99 and Champ Adopted 08/11/06

1 - 9 of 9 Posts