Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are boxers considered full grown adults?  I know puppyhood lasts up to 3 years, but when does their growth start really tapering off?  Jaxon is perfect..but some of our family asks when he'll be full grown and I honestly don't have any idea!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I believe, they are usually at their hight by 12-18 months but will continue to fil out and mature in features till 2-2 1/2 years.  Opnions vary on this but in general by 2 years they are pretty close to done in the growth dept.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I belive their full height isn't usually reached until about 18 months because that's when the growth plates close. Around year old, most dogs will be within an inch or so of the final height.  They then will then continue to fill out until around 2-3 years old.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ditto what was already said...Then of course mentally, they never grow up! Always will be "toys R us" kids :lol:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"50116 said:
Ditto what was already said...Then of course mentally, they never grow up! Always will be "toys R us" kids :lol:
ROFLMAO, well said Willow. Boxers are truly a special breed. Everyone who recognizes Sadie as a Boxer, says...OMG I LOVE Boxers, they are so funny and playful!!! "toys R us kids", "clowns" or puppies forever all sum it up pretty well.  :D

Thanks for posting this question, I was curious as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts