Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Agree with Linda, contact a club or try to find a mentor if you have never done it before. I honestly no nothing about showing a dog except what I have read, but someone who does it will be able to tell you if your pup has the right conformation and also how to "handle" your pup for the judges. I'm pretty sure you can't show unless the dog is at least 6 months old and is not neutered or spayed.

Either way you have a good looking girl.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I didn't get her from a show breeder. Should you only show dogs from show breeders?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I didn't get her from a show breeder. Should you only show dogs from show breeders?
I suppose you can show a dog from any breeder provided they meet the standard and have not been spayed. Why don't you contact a show breeder or look for a handler that can evaluate her. Conformation is more difficult to show in because the dog is closely scrutinized to meet the standard. Their head, muzzle rear, teeth well the entire body including their disposition must be in the AKC standard. She is a very pretty boxer but as I said one can't tell from pictures. A show breeder would have worked with you and helped you along the way. All that being said there are other AKC titles she could win, for example obedience, or agility, b both are a lot of fun and at the same time great for you and your dog to do as a team. I highly suggest you look in your area for a AKC boxer club. You will meet a lot of people who can guide you along your way. Perhaps this link can help you find something local or give you more information https://americanboxerclub.org

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
She's a beautiful Boxer. She has good ears. Her coloring is great. Her nose shape and proportions look good.
As said before if she's been spayed she can't show for conformation.
Here's the American Kennel Club standards:
http://images.akc.org/pdf/breeds/standards/Boxer.pdf
Interesting link, figured I would measure to see if Zuke falls in the parameters. Head and nose width 2/3 and length 1/3 is exactly what it says. He is a little tall though 26" 3/4 at the withers.

Have no idea about the gate though. He has like 5 different speeds and they all look completely different. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts