Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Chloe on TimberWolf Organics a little over a month ago. For the last 5 nights she has been waking up and getting sick a little tiny bit but it doesn't look like it's her dog food. She doesn't get sick at all during the day it's only been at night and a very small amount.  I thought maybe she was eating to early in the evening and getting sick due to an empty tummy at night so I started feeding her around 8am in the morning and 8pm at night with a little snack in the middle of the day but still hasn't helped..She ended up vomiting last night around 3:30 am.  Hubby reminded me when she got spayed 2 yrs ago we had this same problem. It's been a little over 2 weeks since her surgery but could this be related to that? I'm praying it's not due to the new food because her allergies and skin problems have made a complete turn around.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I dont have any real advice.  I sure hope she is feeling better soon.  Could she be getting into some thing/food while you guys are sleeping?
What color is the vomit?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a pretty light sleeper so when she jumps off the bed I instantly wake up so I don't think she is getting into anything. The vomit is a really light light brown color and her food is almost black in color. There is also a small bit of foamy stuff in it. I switched her back to California Natural this morning just to see if she still gets sick tonight. With my luck it will probably end up being her new food..Just when I find one that helps her allergy problem.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hmm, Maddie will throw up bile every night if she doesn't get her yogurt. Is Chloe throwing up yellow/white foamy stuff? I know Chloe is allergic to dairy so that won't work, but maybe another probiotic would. Jessica (Burning River) posted a link in another thread to Dogzymes, a better than yogurt Digestive enhancer. I don't think it has any dairy in it, the eggs are hypoallergenic, it may work for Chloe. I am going to try it for Maddie and see how she does with it.  Here is the link to it.

http://www.naturesfarmacy.com/DOGzyme.htm

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at them before..and really thinking about trying it. It's just odd to me when Chloe got spayed we went thru episodes of her puking in the middle of the night..Now she is doing it again and she just had the lump removal surgery 2 weeks ago..I'm wondering if maybe her throat is irritated from the anesthesia or something..I'm not sure if they stick anything down the dogs throat during an operation??

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hopefully it is just a reaction to the surgery and not the food.  I know how hard it is to find a food that agrees with our babies.

·
Registered
905 Posts
It could well be the surgery, Shari.  My GP has told me that it takes 2 full weeks for a general anaesthetic to completely leave the system, so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for dogs.  I don't think people realise what a big deal a GA really is - we kinda take it for granted sometimes.  And I think that yes, they do intubate animals while they are under, so her throat might be a little irritated too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When Sonya would throw up the vet said a low dose of over the counter taggament is safe for dogs.  We gave her a pill last night and she hasn't thrown up in over 16 hours.  She semed to have a very upset stomach all day yesterday.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="Honeyec\";p=\"30615":33uh43t6]

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, thank you Eimear..I feel better now..because I am really hoping it isn't her new food. I think it makes perfect sense what you said.  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Aaahh, poor Chloe, she just can't seem to get a break....Hoping you find an answer real soon Shari..Give that girl a hug for me and tell her she needs to get better!  :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts