Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am making a quilt for the Rescue Boxer Bash silent auction (with permission from the artist Sue Olsen).  Its titled Elvis (pictures of Elvis in the flowers).

http://www.doggonequilts.com/elvis.htm

·
Registered
948 Posts
I love all of these pictures! And I love getting them on my comments! They're funny!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now that is cute..Half expect him to belt a tune " Viva Las Vegas" perhaps? Lol Honeyec, I have to dig up a couple pics of someone I know who dresses her boxer up...This guy will tolerate anything!! And such a masculine hunk he is too...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Honeyec\";p=\"10637 said:
There's just something so wrong about dogs in clothes, IMHO - it look so undignified, or something!

Tink wouldn't even wear a bandana for me.
Agreed... something so "Paris Hilton-ish" about putting clothes on a dog to look cute.

It diminishes a Boxer to looking more like a Chihuahua, Poodle or Pekingese

I think this dog used to be a Boxer... till Paris starting making it wear clothes...

Odin will always be a NUDIST!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hihihi!
I'm like Honeyec - we're not used to this kind of thing in Europe - but it makes me laugh loads! If it's just for a photo, why not :lol:
P.S. What's "IMHO" please?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just thought it was cute. You dont see Tyson running around in funny outfits, and he wont, but I just thought it was a funny pic....sorry :(

·
Registered
302 Posts
tyson429\";p=\"10777 said:
I just thought it was cute. You dont see Tyson running around in funny outfits, and he wont, but I just thought it was a funny pic....sorry :(
Nothing to apologize for Tyson429!

Differant strokes, differant folks... I'm a guy... not really into "cutesifying" a dog... I'm sure most of the women think it's cute (including Mastray).

·
Registered
508 Posts
My girlfriend wanted to buy Zeus and Dante some doggie wear but i told her not over my dead body. In plus they would never be still enough to even put anything on them so she bought her little Lhasa-Opso a little dress or something.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I use to dress my yorkie.. And she actually liked it because it kept her warm. I was contemplating on getting Toby and Mia sweaters just for the winter, but other than that, all my big doggies get are fancy collars and harnesses (in a trillion different colors!!!)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I love the Elvis photo! I'm sure nobody's going to be walking down the road with a dog dressed like that - it's just for a photo! I take photos of Voltaire in stripey socks - even put a red thong on him once for a pic :oops:  (OMG, please don't have a go at me- it was only for a couple of minutes :( )
Yesterday we walked through town in the rain and he was shaking the rain off every couple of minutes- sending big white slimes of dribble slobber all over. Only hit a couple of shop windows but wonderered how bad this could get if it landed on some well-dressed lady 8O  :oops:  So maybe i should get him a coat to keep the rain off!  :roll: :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Caillou, sounds like Voltaire needs a bib or something  :lol: I have threatened to get one for Samson as he drools terribly..My kitchen floor is always a mess cos of him...I'd do sweaters for my 2 in the winter as it gets pretty cold here..Samson is old, he needs to stay warm & Angel just doesn't have any fat to insulate her....

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ours don't go for walks but they sure know how to shake and send slobber flying around the room.  We do have a sweater knitted by my MIL and did use if for Berkeley.  She was always cold outside in the snow, the rest of our crew really don't mind the cold and snow and always love to run and play in it.  

My daughter used to dress up our Calli, she would put tights on her and even little play dresses, hats, etc.  It was only for a little while and Calli was my daughters best buddy, always watching out for her and doing everything together.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts