Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was our first time not doing stations and putting all we learned together into a mini run (aka course).   Hanna did great!!  She was VERY fast and I was not expecting it, but I did have to slow her down to do my crosses correctly but other than that she did awesome!

We started another level in which there are only three dogs per class and not 5 like our last session was.  So it was fun and it was great to see her do her contacts without any fear and giving it 105%.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running with her I sweated my butt off.  I did not think I could get her to go that fast.   Good work out for me!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
WooHoo! It's an aerobic two-fer-one!  :D  Happy to hear Hanna did great last night. Now next time we want video!  :p

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Way to go Hanna!!! Yea I had heard that besides being great exercise for your dog, the owner gets a good work out as well...It really sounds like she's loving her classes Heather, that is awesome..

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its 360 degrees different than the Rally class I had Kash in.  To me Rally was boring.  This is a workout that you need to think!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad that Hanna did well; I would love to see a video of it too.  I really need to get Kiah into agility.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
That sounds really cool!! I think Ollie would like to do that. We start a new class this Saturday called "Out and About" where we take the dogs out in more social situations (walk through a downtown area, park walks,  social hour at a doggie boutique, etc.). This is from the class description "working with owners and their dogs to improve their handler/dog techniques and public behaviors while encountering real world distractions. This program is also a great way for owners and their dogs to further their socialization skills with other dogs, animals, situations and people."
I definitely think once this class is over his next class will be Agility.
I think I enjoy the classes as much as he does  :D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Whooo hooo way to go Hanna!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is from the class description "working with owners and their dogs to improve their handler/dog techniques and public behaviors while encountering real world distractions. This program is also a great way for owners and their dogs to further their socialization skills with other dogs, animals, situations and people
And that description will be 100% effect in any kind of agility class.  Sounds very interesting and hope you enjoy it:)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa go hana...whoo hooo

sound slike alot of fun... :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmmm, sounds so fun!  Glad you guys enjoyed it so much.  It might be something fun to do with Barker, hm of course after she gets all of her shots!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts