Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've enrolled Leila to join an agility class. First day of class is this Wednesday. Now most of you know that Leila is easily spooked, pretty much scared of anything new and different. For example, my husband recently received a package in the mail and his order was wrapped in those plastic packing bubbles material. We started popping the bubbles and that freaked Leila out and she ran into our room and stayed in the closet. A couple months back, we joined Strutt Mutt fundraiser and there was a mini-agility course. As expected, she wouldn't even go near the poles and was terrified of the tunnel. Leila is not treat motivated and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a difficult time to get her to run around the agility course. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can make her feel comfortable around the agility course?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
no suggestions... other than to just not rush her and give her time to investigate things and do it on her own... maybe it'll help Leila not be so scared... maybe boost her confidence or something :) Good luck, and remember pics!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
This is exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts