Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we named our little girl Bailey.  (It took us 3 days to come up with that). I was going to finish filling out the AKC form and read the line above the area for the name and it said to pick a unique name. It took us 3 days to come up with the name she has.  The parents have prefixes, Terenure and CVF. Do these mean anything, were they givin by the owners or the AKC?  How does this whole name thing work? Thanks

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
A lot of times when a breeder whelps a litter, he'll register the pups with the kennel name ( Jacquet boxers, Visions boxers). When you pick out a puppy to take home, some breeders will ask that you register with the kennel name, but you can use a nickname at home...Ok here's a couple examples...My beloved Buck we bought from Visions Boxers in calif, so when we registered him, I included that in his registered name..Visions of Timbuktu....The daschuand we had as kids was registered with a continuation of his family name which was Tripps. So we registered him as Baron Eric Von Tripps. Am I making any sense?

Some breeders don't care if the kennel name is included. If yours did, I am sure something would have been said at the time...What you can do as you named her Bailey is do an extension on that.. like Sweet Bailey's Cream for example...The registered name does not have to include the name you actually use.. If you look at championship dogs, their nickname usually has nothing to do with their full name.

Hope this was some help..Feel free to PM me if you have any questions..I don't claim to know everything, far from it, but hopefully I can help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts