Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
A lot of times the breeder already has given the pups a registered name, but if not you can pretty much use whatever you like, but keep it from being cutsey :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
For Luka I combined all the names of my past Boxers... My past Boxer's were Roxy, Brandy, Brandy (yes two Brandy's), and my two adopted Boxers: Playa and Suzie. So I came up with Luka (his name) Slaya (Suzie and Playa) Broxy(Brandy, Brandy, and Roxy). Luka Slaya Broxy. It fits even better since there is a hitman in The Godfather named Luca Braci. I didn't name him after that, but it's ironic how similar it is. Luka Broxy & Luca Braci. It's always hard to name a puppy.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
And maybe include the last name of the breeder.  
We had a cocker spaniel growing up.  My mom came up with the rediculous name of Dusty!  Anyhow, he was Potter's Dusty Wilson.  Potter for the breeder, Dusty for the dog, and Wilson was our last name.  Kinda dorky, but maybe that can be helpful.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Allie's AKC is Raiser Allie.  Her father was Rebel Raiser so I just took the Raiser and added it to Allie.  I kind of wish I had named her Rebel Raiser's Allie but Raiser Allie works too.  It's so hard to think up these names.   :wink:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
lucky8926\";p=\"67039 said:
Hmm I like the thought of using the fathers name... He would be Dozers Tyson Cash. I really like that!!! It's definitely going to go on the list
I like that.....We went along the same route.  Fiona's mother was Inga...so I went with the mothers name...She is
Ingas Princess Fiona

·
Registered
839 Posts
Dozer says he likes the name Dozers Tyson Cash!!!! Harley doesn't really have an opinion!!! We were able to name Harley because we got him when he was a pup, Dozer on the other hand was our rescue baby, he is able to be papered, but I wouldn't even know where to start with that. He is more of a family member so we love him the way he is!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Love Dozers Tyson Cash, a very strong name. Delila's is Lulu's Diva Delila. . And she is a Diva.

G

·
0 Posts
Personally I like to add names with definition.

Example

my boy Preston Calosto Eudor

Preston  = Priest Town
Calisto = Most Beautiful
Eudor   = good gift

We got him from a friend who got him from someone who was heading to Iraq. But I think his name is wonderful... I'd look into a site like http://www.babynameaddicts.com/

Tyson = Brand of Fire

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Hanna's is  - Red Earth's Coppa Cab'Hanna"   "Hanna"

Kash's is - Red Earth's Running to the Bank   "Kash"

If you dont have a kennel name then you can def. make something up that sounds good, has meaning and is fun!  Good Luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts