Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm filling out Lola's AKC registration forms......(had them for awhile, I'm a bad mom).  Just wondering what the benefits of registering her are since I've never done it before....is it worth it to do?  I don't plan on showing her, and I know whites can't be shown anyways.  Also, do I need to come up with a different name?   Thanks!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Even if you aren't showing her, I would still register her with the AKC..There a lot of benefits to it..I believe then you can enroll in their "lost dog" program...You do need to come up with a registered name for her..A lot of times the breeders requests that you include  their kennel name. If you weren't told that, you can use whatever you want..Make it a play on Lola's name..Just nothing real silly....Buck's registered name is "Visions of timbuktu"..He came from Visions boxers, so I included the kennel name..Angel's is "I'm just a country angel"

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I registered Reese in it. They give you lots of useful info detailing how your specific breed should be acting and what develpomental things should be going on at what stages in life-plus i love the added security of the CAR program. Companion Animal Recovery-not all clinics check for chips(even though they should)If for some reason the person claims the dog as their own then the clinic wont check- Reeses name is Reeses Pieces and then our last name. My daughter had a hand in the naming process!! :D

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I didnt register Jessie, I dont have any papers or anything from the breeder to even know where to start!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The breeder didn't request that we use their name.  I was thinking "Princess Lola of Wessagusset" (our old town name).  Or "Princess Lola of Great Republic" (street name).  Are those silly?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chloesmom\";p=\"10557 said:
Reeses name is Reeses Pieces and then our last name. My daughter had a hand in the naming process!! :D
:lol:    I was thinking "Princess Lola Granola"!!  For some reason I always call her Lola Granola.....must be because they rhyme!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Thats funny, Maggie's mothers name is Sarah Grapevine.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I didnt get around to registering mine but Rockys name would have been Sir Rocky Balboa The Great and Stars would have be Lady Star Of Faith.I plan on reg. my pups but not sure what their akc names will be

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I TOO like lola granola!! I registered Odin as Odin of Asgard Valhalla... which as everything to do with the norse god Odin. Couldn't think of anything fancy... and didn't want anything cute... you know cuz' he's a boy! lol I have him registered in the CAR Program and I'm trying to get Steven to put him on their pet insurance they have... I got a quote and saw their different packages... I REALLY LIKE IT... and think it would be well worth it for anyone to get on with their pet insurance plans!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now that's a great name, I love it...It suits her :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
[quote="Alicia\";p=\"10552":1kd4o6ri]I'm filling out Lola's AKC registration forms......(had them for awhile, I'm a bad mom).

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I like Princess Lola Granola too.....but the bf thinks it's silly!
We have pet insurance for Lola too!  I think it was $325 for the year and every time we get a vet bill we fax them a copy and they mail us a check back for whatever charges they cover.  It will definatley come in handy in August when we have her spayed!  It's VPI Veterinary Pet Insurance and they cover everything except:
Congenital or hereditary defects or diseases.
Elective and cosmetic procedures.
Expression or removal of anal glands or anal sacculitis.
Breeding or conditions related to breeding.
Diagnostic tests and treatments for conditions excluded by the policy.
Special diets, pet foods, vitamins, mineral supplements, boarding or transporting expenses, grooming costs.
Diseases that are preventable by vaccines.
Behavioral problems.
Orthodontics, endodontics and removal of deciduous teeth.
Diagnosis, medical management, or surgical correction of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) damage or rupture during the first 12 calendar months of policy effectiveness.

That's a good point about the "bad" dog list.....I wouldn't want a paper trail!  We actually checked in when we first bought our house because the bf wanted a pit bull and I wanted a huskie and they were both on the list!  What a stupid thing huh...a "bad" dog list....no dog is bad as long as they're trained correctly and taken care of.  My cousin has a pit bull and he's the biggest loveable baby you'll ever meet!

·
Registered
302 Posts
A husky on the "bad dog" list?  Ridiculous.

I know there's no such thing as a breed of "bad dogs", only dogs that are poorly-trained or wrongly trained... and Pit Bulls in-general due tend to have a higher percentage of bad owners then other breeds (certainly not all pit owners are bad, I'm just saying a higher percentage because the breed reputation does attract the wrong kind of people).

Still... "Husky" as a bad-dog... that's crazy... whoever made the list must have been bit by a Husky once!  :roll:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Alicia\";p=\"10678 said:
Akita, Alaskan Malamute, Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Siberian Husky, Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
While I don't agree with the idea of "bad dog lists", I can at least see a reason for the ones I highlighted.

Somebody must have really had-it out for "Husky type" dogs... must have had a bad experience in their childhood and nightmares ever since... every dog that even looks like a Husky made the list... Akita's, Malamutes and the Husky itself... crazy to put those dogs on the list!  I think the Staffordshire is a bit of a reach too... those dogs are long removed from their fighting history.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts