Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone alergic to dogs and have a boxer. i was just wondering because i am alergic to dogs, more then others. i grew up with dogs and most did not bother me. labs hair really get my alergies going. are boxers in the group of being ok for alery sufferers?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Most boxers dont tend to shed alot due to their coat, so i wouldnt think you would have a problem. I dont have allergies, but I know there are a few here with allergies that could maybe tell what they do to keep things under control.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
my hubby has them..to alot of dogs ..we have isis and also an 80 pound blk lab..and its fine as long as we vac. everyday..and have the windows open..its the lab though not the boxer

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
You have to determine what you are allergic to - animal dander or their hair.  Washing your hands after playing with them and not touching your eyes, nose or mouth can certainly help.  I have had allergies all my life and even now if my dogs rub my face or lick my face or hands, they will break out in little blisters or hives - so I know there is something in their saliva that causes me to itch.  I just have to wash my hands after touching them and try to keep them out of my face.  I think these are considered contact allergies.  The only full blown allergy attacks I've had have come from rabbits and cats.  All I have to do is be in a 10 foot vacinity of a rabbit and most cats (except for siamese) and I can't breath.  Good luck finding out what works and doesn't work for you.  I think it is a matter of trial and error - and sometimes mind over matter.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
JeepKuntry suffers from allergies, you may want to talk to him, course  he has his hands full this w/end with Charlie & Sadie not feeling good  :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts