Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m new here I am a proud mama of my sweet Angel she passed 4 weeks ago at 12.5. I have a pit bull Hank who also is 12.5 both Angel and hank grew up together since they were both 9 weeks old. And we know have a new addition to our family her name is Luna she is almost 10 weeks old. I miss my Angel so much are hearts are left broken hank is having a hard time and recently gave us a scare we think a little seizure. Thank you for accepting me on this forum. With a all white boxer puppy and living in he desert I know all the precautions that we need to take as far as the sun. I was holding Luna a couple days ago when I found 3 little bumps on each side of her throat area they are not very hard and move. I’m pretty freaked out I’m thinking possibly her lump nodes or maybe salivary glands , has anyone experienced this?
Thank you Angel, hank and baby Luna’s mom♥🌈♥🌈

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Oh so about the lost of year girl. And hope your guy is gonna be OK. It's great that you got him a new sister, I withed a bit to long to do that for my Rocky (GSD).

I'd not worry over much about the sun ... I live in the High Desert of NV and my Struddell yes to chance bunnt rabbits in the summer heat! The sun never bothered her?? She was so back in fact that often I had to tell yeah to get in the freaking house sometimes cuz she laid on the concrete patio and sunbath, WTH???

But in 7 years she never got sunburn?? Just keep an eye on her and use common sense cuz uh she won't. :)

Funny this is the third White Boxer to roll in the last couple of days?? Kinda cool! :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
My condolences on Angel.

What you are most likely feeling are the two lymph nodes located under the back of the jaw where it meets the neck on both sides. They also have salivary glands in the general area too. If she isn't having any trouble eating, nausea, excessive drooling and its not visibly swollen I wouldn't worry about it. Being that she is so young, i'm guessing you will be seeing the vet for shots, etc. I would just point it out to your vet. Welcome aboard

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I hope Hank is OK.
Congrats on Luna. I'm not sure about the bumps, but as Matt noted, you vet visit should help. While some of the bumps they get are concerning, our boys have had various bumps around their bodies removed and some that went away on their own that were benign.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts