Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay y’all . I’m away from Boston and he is being watched by family . I gave him his flea medication and heart before I left. Today I got this picture and immediately I could tell that it’s infected ...Boston licks excessively and when I’m home I can stop him ...I’ve never seen a rash get this bad to the point where it’s swollen like that .
Has anyone seen anything like this before ? Any advice for his pet sitters and for me ? I just ordered a soft cone to put on him so he can’t lick

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If its an allergic reaction, Benadryl can help. Only use the one that the only active ingredient is Diphenhydramine. I believe its 1mg per lb. So 25mg if you have a 25lb dog. Lots of information on the internet about using Benadryl for allergies with dogs. Might want to just give your vet a call first to make sure they are ok with you giving it your dog. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That to me doesn't look like a typical allergic reaction I have had dogs break out in hives before but they were usually all over their backs. That looks likes some kind of injury to me maybe a harness irritation? I would have that checked for sure do they walk him with a harness? Those rubs can get infected

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
It looks more like an irritation theban allergic reaction to me, as [email protected] said looks like harness rub. Perhaps excess pulling or it being left on, tied out? I'm not sure what you can put on it to soothe it, may want to check with the vet, meanwhile if they have been using a harness I'd switch it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
View attachment 136407 Okay y’all . I’m away from Boston and he is being watched by family . I gave him his flea medication and heart before I left. Today I got this picture and immediately I could tell that it’s infected ...Boston licks excessively and when I’m home I can stop him ...I’ve never seen a rash get this bad to the point where it’s swollen like that .
Has anyone seen anything like this before ? Any advice for his pet sitters and for me ? I just ordered a soft cone to put on him so he can’t lick
It looks like it's got a tiny puncture in it to me. Maybe poked with a stick or a bite of some kind. (I'd take to the vet just in case)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts