Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since we live on a gravel dead end road, yeah, he pretty much plays where he wants, and play he does. He is pretty good about staying close (he's afraid someone will go bye bye without him) but he curiosity pulls at him once in a while.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We had dexter at the cottage a couple weekends ago and he has mosquito bites like that all over him next thing I no his nose, cheeks, and eye lids were fully swollen had to take him to the emergency animal after hours vet clinic

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
484 Posts
My daughter came home from work one day and said our girls face was swollen and that she was itchy like crazy. I told her to give her one benadryl asap. In the meantime, I called the vet and several vets and none of them would tell me the exact dosage. I actually found it on the internet, she needed one and half tablets. Since I didn't know how often i guessed at 8 hours but only gave her half a dose in case. I stayed up all night with her just to make sure she didn't get worse. The poor girl slept in my lap with me cradling her....she was heavy but i did it. The next morning took her to the vet and they said she got stung by a bee and had a reaction. She must have got stung when going pee in the morning before going to work and we didn't know it. She responded wonderfully to the steroid shot and benadryl shot. Put her on prednisone and benadryl.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hope all goes well with your baby. My dog stepping in a bee hive and almost died three years ago. We had to rush him to the vet. I keep benedryl , tea bags, pepsid on hand per vet from now on. The cool wet tea bags or tea on old rag also bring down swelling from the hives. It's very scary. Keep us posted please.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts