Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday and today the wind is blowing pretty good here in Vegas and it does NOT agree with my 1 year old Ruby. I went to pick my daughter up from work last night and was gone about 40 minutes, I got home to a dog with a slightly swollen face. Gave her Benadryl, wiped her down all over took pictures to document and try to keep track of how swollen she was at what time. That seemed to help a little bit until the middle of the night when she got restless because of itchiness that's when I noticed hives starting to appear just as small dots. I moved to the couch to cuddle with her so I could nap and keep an eye on her and husband could sleep while waiting for our Vet to open. Very restless all night I didn't really get to nap much at all the hives are BIG red bumps now but I have pictures from all thru the night for the vet. She really didn't look bad until this morning and now she looks like Frankendog. My poor babygirl.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for not updating any sooner but my phone died. Ruby got to the vet and we did Benedryl and Aveeno baths for a couple days while the wind was severe. It wasn't anything from our yard or a bug bite luckily. I did minimize her time outside, good thing our living room is big enough to horse around in and she is 100% housebroken.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Sorry she's going through such a reaction. If you're not already doing it, when she comes in I'd wipe her down and clean her paws really well. That'll get the particles off of her and might offer some relief. You can also look into giving her local raw honey or local bee pollen which also may help to desensitize her system over time to whatever causes these flare ups. I would check with your vet before starting that though just to be safe. You may need to speak with a holistic vet about that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah when it's really windy now we wipe her down every time she comes inside, if it's not windy she doesn't have any signs of allergies being outside so that's nice. I didn't think about giving her any local honey, I have some for me, good idea thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts