Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a boxer with allergy symptoms that include lip licking,swallowing and runny noses and if so how do you treat them?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sounds like an allergy type thing its called "reverse sneezing" and can be brought on by allergies there are some allergy meds available thru your Vet you should check with them about your concerns. This is a good time of year for allergies to show up as most of them are caused by environmental things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vet prescribed her Apoquel and I've read some not so good things about it and was hoping that someone may have had success treating this type of allergy with an alternative.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I use Cytopoint for my dog she has environmental allergies it works really well and after a few shots can last a bit longer each time and safe for young dogs and puppies. Its expensive but if you compare the Apoquel its about the same. Apoquel gave my girl bad diahrea and upset stomach so I don't give her that at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Itchiness
Hives
Swelling of the face ears, lips, eyelids, or earflaps
Red, inflamed skin
Diarrhea
Vomiting
Any of this may indicate an allergy. I think you should seek assistance from a vet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts