Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are all out of Peanut Butter for Sadie's daily kong. We have lots of Natural Almond Butter, that would be okay right?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I tend to think that it would be too high in fat. - but not sure, I feed low fat low sodium peanut butter.

Do you have a slice of cheese?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Ohhh, Almond butter sounds delicious!  :)  I agree though, probably too much fat, but it does sound really good!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cream cheese...good idea. I think the only cheese we have on hand right now is Feta..haha I don't think so...

I may just use some treats for today, but I will pick up some cream cheese thats a great idea and we like it too!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Another good treat idea with Kongs...

Stuff some yogurt in there freeze the night before.  Big hit in the am for the kids when we go to work.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Yep I agree almond butter has to much fat.   Almond butter probably would equal loose stool......Fiona loves yogurt and Bann's mixed together.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I know you said you were out of peanut butter, But here are a few more ideas to fill the kongs...

Cheerios and peanut butter

Chunks of Apple and peanut butter

Cooked macaroni and melted (not runny) velveeta cheese

Bananas and unsweetened applesauce - freeze

Cream cheese, peanut butter, and applesauce - freeze

Applesauce with chunks of fruit - freeze

Bananas, cooked oatmeal, applesauce, and yogurt - freeze

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!

Lisa-Great ideas! Thanks  :)  It's funny because after I posted I stuck my head in the fridge and was looking for stuff to put in her kong...I saw applesauce and thought...I wonder. Well now I know. And oatmeal??? Seriously, hubby and I have oats every morning, we carry bucket fulls all the time!! ha Hope Sadie likes it :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lisa, those are some great ideas for Kong fillings...I always knew our babies ate well, now it has been confirmed!  :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts