Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tmw I'm on a plane on my way to Hawaii for a week..I have a quick stopover in LA to pick up my youngest sister, then on we go..Our other sister is flying from San Fran & joining us...This is part pleasure and part sad...We are all going to be together visiting where our parents are buried...For my sister it's the first time she's been...

Here's the story, my father passed away in Sept 05, my mother decided as he is retired military to have his remains taken to the Punchbowl, military cemetary in Honolulu..When she took his remains in Jan 06, I went with her for the service which was beautiful, but very sad and moving...Then in May, my mother made her first solo travel on her own, and she chose Hawaii as her destiniation...My mother had limited time left to travel and truly wanted to make the most of it. She was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis 2 yrs ago and knew that she only had a few years left..Anyways, while she was in Hawaii, she became ill, my sister and I flew over, but by the time we got there, she had fallen into a coma. She never regained conciousness as all her organs slowly gave up. So after 6 days, she passed away in the place her and my father loved like a second home...As my father was already interred at the Punchbowl, my mother is also allowed to be there, so now the three of us are going to visit them, laugh, cry and share some memories..Oh yes, and of course do some shopping! We are females, after all...Lol....

So I will be back in a week. Everyone be nice to our Admin while I'm gone, ok?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
My husband and I were just talking last night about going to Hawaii for a vacation.   :roll:
I'm sorry for the loss of your parents. It's sounds like it's going to be a bittersweet trip.  You have a little reunion going on there too.
Are you going to any other islands while you are there?
Well, try to have fun....and yes enjoy the shopping!

Take lots, and lots of pictures while you are there, and do we really have to be nice to the admin?????  :badgrin:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Thats so sad... I have three sisters and its always a blast when we get together... so have fun... and be safe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts