Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for awhile, so thought I'd tell about us and the 4 boxers in our life -
Got our 1st boxer, a white male in 1992. He was my retirement present to myself as I just about to retire from the Army and would have to time to devote to a puppy. Adpak completely won us over, as we'd hardly consider another breed. When he was about 5 yo, my wife was disabled in a car accident, spent 5 months in the hospital. He was amazing to watch during our hospital visits, you've never seen 80 pounds of muscle be so gentle. Needless to say, the other patients loved him also. He was also raised with a "picked-up-in-street" gray, male cat we guess was just a month older.  Unfortunately, we had to let Adpak pass at the vet's for cardiomyopathy, he was only 7 1/2 yo. His old gray pal lived to about 16.

Shortly after his passing, we got our Ruby, a black faced brindle. She was just 5 weeks old and runt of the litter -  so tiny, she'd fit in my running shoe with room to spare. She is my wiggle-butt girl. She will be 8 yo next month. We only had Ruby a month when we rescued Jack, a 9 month old flashy brindle. We were Jack's 4th home and he never completely out grew his separation anxiety. Three years ago, when visiting family in NH, my sisterinlaw let him out shortly after we left  for a day trip. His parents gone and not seeing his car, Jack panicked and ran. Ruby stopped at edge of the property, but it took 2 weeks to find Jack in snow covered NH. He lost nearly 25 pounds. We were so blessed to get him back. He was just a big 85lb bundle of love and would sleep on our bed anytime he could. Jack passed a month ago. He died suddenly at night, on our bed, peacefully. Vet says it was his heart. We solely miss the big guy. He has a prominent resting place we visit often.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Welcome to the forums! What wonderful stories about all your babies...look forward to hearing more! Cant wait to see pics! You'll love it here!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum... u will love it... there are a few hawaii ppl here

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! What heartwarming stories of your babies...We have a couple other members also on the Big Island, you all need to have your own meetup, what a joy that would be....If you need help posting pics, there is a tutorial in the Announcement section, or feel free to Pm ANY of the staff for help.....Welcome again :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hello and welcome from NC!  Can't wait to see some pics!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  Wonderful stories about your experiences with boxers; can't wait to see pictures too.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
What great stories about your fur-kids past and present.
Can't wait to see pictures of all of them and hear more about them!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hello and Welcome form me and Gaby!...thanks for sharing such wonderful stories about you and your babies!...oh and btw, i love Hawaii, I'd like to move there some day :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome to all of you from Ashley and I here in San Antonio! Your story about your past experiences is very touching..it sounds like your the perfect Boxer dad! Send pictures soon...we all are a droolin' away here!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Aloha David from Oahu...what a beautiful story !! we are Army also ..wish we were closer to retirement lol..

have you tried the breeder on the big island? they just had pups about 2 months ago..i know the pups are gone but maybe they will have more? not sure how many dogs they have etc..i know they are akc breeders though...we also have a boxer club here and sometimes get emails on boxers that need homes...

i would also love to have another soon since our female is 6 1/2 and wed like to have a pup around her for as long as we can..shes incredible and has ALOT to teach...

i just found out yesterday that there were 2 young flashy males at the humane society here a week ago...wish i had known..but the club has put in to have the humane society call us whenever any boxer or boxer mix comes in..

welcome to the forum..you will love it here !!! cant wait to see pics :D

good luck on your search for a new addition...maybe we can inform eachother if we hear anything

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
David, welcome from Seattle! Your stories were wonderful and touching. You'll love this forum!! Can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Aloha David,

Like Ky, I live in Oahu and just love this forum. I would love to see more Hawaii people on here. Welcome, that is a great story about your pups. Good luck on finding a new pup. It's really hard finding a boxer here. The Boxer Club of Hawaii gets at least 3-4 e-mails a week from people wanting boxers. I would breed but I am Navy and don't have the room in housing.

I love the Big Island-I was there a month ago and got to see the valcanoe. We stay at the KMC and its my favorate island to travel to.

Well, take care.

Theresa

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome. You'll love it here. Thanks for the touching boxer stories. Love reading about everyone's fur babies!
I was in Hawaii for a little while years ago. My daughter was born at the "pink palace." Lol. She's 19 now. Her dad was stationed at Schofield Barracks and we lived at Ewa Beach. We never made to the big island, though. New baby and all.
Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome!!  :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts