Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my toes stepped on the other day and was wondering if I am being too sensitive or do I just need to let it roll off my back? I have gotten addicted :lol: to boxers. I was out the other day and a gentleman had his dog out and I approached him to ask if I could pet his dog. He sd yes and I told him that I had recently gotten 2 boxer pups that were white. This is the part that  hurt my toes. He proceeded to tell me that in the boxer world that white dogs were a genetic flaw and weren't part of breed standard. I told him that I realized that but I wasn't going to breed them and even though they were white & deaf I loved them anyway.
Now I know that people can be ugly but come on was that really necessary? I did research before I got the boys I know what they are, but I could not let them be pushed off  to the side just because they were different. You all that seen the pics they are cute & loving. It has bothered me since.  What do you think?

·
Registered
977 Posts
You're dogs are beautiful. And thank goodness everyone isn't like that man or the poor whites would probably be culled 8O ! No you're not being too sensitive. People are also born with genetic flaws doesn't mean they are any less human beings than the ones who do not have a disability does it? There's no reason to start critisizing dogs because they don't fill the breed criteria us humans have invented. A dog is a dog and equal to all others - in fact in your eyes your dogs are better than all the others aren't they? You love them so of course they are :D !

·
Registered
130 Posts
caillou\";p=\"77809 said:
People are also born with genetic flaws doesn't mean they are any less human beings than the ones who do not have a disability does it?
Wow that is the absolute perfect answer for this question!!!! I also agree with Leanne, I wouldn't have been quite so nice. Obviously he only cares about "breed standard" and you care about 2 boxers that you absolutely love and they absolutely love you right back!!! Mixed breed or "mutt" dogs aren't up to any breed standard but you know, i've seen a lot of them that are the best dogs ever. (i'm not calling your boxers mutts either, just using them as a reference)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:D Isis is white and deaf too...shes still a boxer...there are ignorant people everywhere..just let it roll off...i hear it too..

my last response recently to a TOTAL MORON was this (  i was aggitated that day lol )

" my 5 year old son is autistic does that make him less of a human? he wasnt born this way...he caught the rsv virus at 4 months old from a 'normal' human child that their parents didnt care that the kid was sick and let them out to play with others...the drugs from the life support caused the autism...should i have my son put to sleep? he's right here look...Diari come here and say hello ," Hi my name is Diari,whats yours?"

the look on this guys face was priceless !!! fri*gin moron !!!!

i then said " Isis is Diari's therapy service dog...they help eachother, her ears may not work but her eyes and nose work for her ears..so tell me mr ignorant...look at these two faces and remember them...for the next time you feel the need to judge something so harshly that you know NOTHING about !!! "

:D he shook his head and had not a word to say..NOTHING...he looked pitifull ! like he was so embarrased he couldnt speak

THAT WAS MY WHOLE POINT AND MADE MY DAY....

there will be plenty of people that will say moronic things...but also the same amount that will be so impressed with how beautiful your babies are and that they are deaf...:) saying the occasional thing to the right ones is fun lol...but most of the time i just let it go..theres ignorance everywhere about everything...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I have two white boxers too, only one is deaf. I don't let people talk about my dogs like that, if someone approaches me and says that, i turn the other way. They get left standing there like morons. Yes, white boxers tend to be pushed aside by stupid people, but they still deserve to be loved :) And thats exactly what you and other people with white boxers are doing, loving them.
Its defidently okay to react that way, someone is basically dissing something you love.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Thoughtless idiot, just look at those two adorable faces and they will make everything better.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Perhaps hes jealous that he didnt have white Boxers? Newt is a Giant Genetic Flaw, she was the runt of her family and gets everything under the sun I love her nonetheless!! I have people tell me all the time "For a year old she sure is small, are you sure you feed her enough?" I laugh and ignore them. I think God likes to keep me on my toes! Way to go for the Boxer Lovers... All colors included!! :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Annette, you said it perfectly....There will always be ignorant fools out there that will think things like that...I TRY to educate when I can, but at the end of the day, you know that what he said is wrong and that is all that matters....Sometimes I feel like I should carry information pamphlets on Boxers with me, so I can pass them out :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
As everyone has said no need to worry becasue humans will be humans ignorant or otherwise.  Sometimes you should feel pitty for them instead of anger. As most ignorant people learn from other ignorant fools.  Best to 'try' to educate and let it go.  Be proud to own them and know if you didn't they probably would never had a great home as they do now. That calm assertive feeling is best for your pups.... and the humans!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I used to breed boxers about 15 years ago.  I had a breeder call me and chew my a-- about my whites.  I told her that I was born white and I turned out all right and hung up the phone.  Breeders are being better about not destroying the whites as they used to .  They used to use the cop-out that they had all these problems to justify their genocide.  They basically wanted flashy dogs but didn't want to admit theirs thru excessive white.  

Nano

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
To tell you the truth before I found this website I was unknowlegable about white boxers.  My boyfriend was also.  He said he won't get a white boxer because of all the problems with them.  After what I have learned on this website I would love to have a white boxer, they are so beautiful and people just need to be properly educated about them.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Personally I like the whites as much as the brindles and fawns....they are all boxers and I love them all...what can you say, there are a$$ holes everywhere!

G

·
0 Posts
I would LOVE another white boxer!, deaf or not! I love all boxers, but Ive grown fond of the whiteys!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I LOOOOOOOOOVE WHITE BOXERS!!!!!

Ok, there I got that off my chest first!
In the pet store where I work a lady came in with a gorgeous fawn boxer pup. Of course I just HAD to go and fuss the little guy! Anyway, I told the lady about my boxer and that she was white. She was like, "really? A pure white one? Oh I didn't know you could get those!"
This just got me thinking that if someone has just got a boxer pup, surely they have researched the breed first, and surely they would know that white boxers are in fact quite common!
It's amazing how many people are shocked to find that white boxers exist! I just wish there was something that could be done to promote them somehow and teach people that they are perfectly normal, beautiful dogs!

Heather

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
white boxer, fawn boxer, brindle boxer..... they are all boxers right??most of the boxers you run into on a day to day basis aren't "breed standard". i don't know what that man's point was in telling you that. all boxers are beautiful and we love 'em just the same!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Awww I think the white boxers are precious.  If there was one at the rescue I would have gotten it.  People need to get a life and dont worry about other peoples dogs.  I admire you for having the patience and the will power to do all the training that comes along with deaf dogs.  He should have realized you were a special person instead he made himself seem like an A**hole for saying such to you.  The white ones are pretty, and it is totally like the other people say...we are all born differently!!

G

·
0 Posts
NOT that it is good but I think brishing it off and understanding everyone has an opinion and wiull mkae them selves look like complete A-holes to prove their point even if that point makes no true statements in it. TOOO many people think the are NO1 and everyone lese has a lower quality dog regardless of the color... White boxers get the worse end of it...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts