Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have been looking for a vet for dungy and my roommate said i should take him to bainfield pet hospital... they are in petsmart... she has insurance with them and uses for her cats.
she pays like $22 a month or something and she thinks it is great... BUT...

I was looking at her bill sheet from when she got the cats fixed and it had the total to be $800 but the insurance made it cost only like 40 or something and i was shocked... idk where they got a price of $800 dollars to fix a cat... if that was the reg price everywhere i think that there would be a lot more animals running around today.  In indiana we have a clinic for fixing and it is by like the age and weight of the cat it is called FACE.

I wasnt planning on taking dungy here but i feel like they are making everything seem very expensive and in the end u are paying what a regular vet would charge u

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
As far as having Dungy fixed... i recommend your local humane society.

It was less then $100 for me to get jessie fixed when she was 7 mos old.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
The banfields here in texas are high priced IMO. If you dont have a regular vet yet, then i would agree and see about going to the local shelter/humane society.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Humane society or maybe ask around to other friends relatives to see who they use. The petsmart vet sounds quite expensive IMO. OR you can do what I did, and call around for prices combined with friends referrals. Good luck finding a good reasonably priced vet that you like.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have found a few good ones i think, what is gonna be hard is that i go to school in Kentucky so i have to find a vet here but i live in indiana so i have to find 2 good vets lol

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
IMO any vet office run out of a pet store is gonna be based on money, not care.  Here we have the VCA Animal Hospital chain.  They are pretty good and, for here, are one of the least expensive vets.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we have VCA in Indiana

so i just pulled up the bill from my friends cats... 2 cats... 1 spay 1 neuter... it has 2 brackets... a with insurance and a w/o...w/o insurance would have cost her supposedly 1,400 dollars... HOLY COW!!! It cost her $22 a month for insurance and insurance made the surgery cost $56... a total of $78... it is $20 dollars a cat at FACE... I feel like it is a total scam where they are finding places to charge u.

I wont have to worry about fixing dungy for awhile but i know where not to go

·
Registered
375 Posts
Soccergk1987\";p=\"43890 said:
i have found a few good ones i think, what is gonna be hard is that i go to school in Kentucky so i have to find a vet here but i live in indiana so i have to find 2 good vets lol

Where in Indiana do you live? I live there also and might be able to recommend some.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have a regular vet but I still took Mo to our local humane society because they were alot cheaper.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
VCA is not a very well run company and they overcharge on too manythings. The e-vet i worked for was taken over by VCA and the prices of all our services tripled as soon as the buyout took place. i left shortly after because i felt it was wrong on more than one account. Lots of things i didnt like about it. I have not visited a VCA hospital since then either.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i live in indianapolis, IN... i think i am gonna call around to some places that i know ppl take their doggies

1 - 11 of 11 Posts