Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ambato Boxers is a not a breeder you want to buy your boxer puppy from. We went to Ambato boxers to look at a litter and I cannot express how disgusted I was. First of all when we drove to the property, I thought I had the wrong address and wanted to leave immediately. The property was filled with junk..broken chairs, stuffed animals and mannequins clothed and unclothed loitered the lawn. They have 20+ boxer dogs that are kept outside in caged sheds for breeding. The area where the keep the dogs was overflowing with feces. Junk furniture was also apparent in their dog pens and sheds. When we went into the house to look at the puppies, they were brought out in a blanket, all tattered, torn and wet. The home smelt terrible and their were other animals everywhere...parrot, boston terriers. The house was not clean and the breeder was extremely unprofessional. I would not recommend a puppy from this breeder. After reading other reviews you will find many others that have written bad reviews about Ambato boxers as well. Please research your breeder and make sure you ask all the right questions.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Those kind of "breeders" give the smaller breeders a bad name. Is there anywhere you could report them to, like the local humane society? Call the local news station? Were the pups supposed to be registered? If so, you could call the local AKC office. Just a thought.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You know whats weird? I have them on my friends list on facebook and their whole facebook is littered with "EARTHLINGS ! THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL ,EXCEPT THAT HUMANS ARE DANGEROUS TO THE ANIMALS THEY KILL THEM ALL EAT THEM ALL LIKE ZOMBIES . HUMANITY GONE WILD TO HELL" "SPAY AND NEUTER PROGRAMS IN ECUADOR GOOD ! IT SHOULD BE THE LAW TO SPAY & NEUTER THE DOGS AND CATS, ALL OVER THE WORLD ."

and lots of other things like that... But not only do they lots of dogs.. but most of them look back yard bred. But as said above they should be called on! I wasnt aware of their yard or anything but wow sickening after all their posts on facebook about the anti breeding and such...What a hypocrite!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sadly, I have seen some sad results of purchasing from this breeder, and have also heard many horror stories. I am shocked that anyone purchases from there. I have had people tell me they wanted to buy the puppy because they felt bad for the pup.... Something should, and needs to be done. It's heart breaking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies. Its always great to know I was not the only obe who experienced and saw horrible things.

I have contacted the Welland Animal Control/Humane Society and they are going to investigate further. Fingers crossed something is done because that is no place for dogs and puppies... It breaks my heart to have seen what was going on, however maybe a blessing in disguise..as I am trying to do what I can to help.

I have checked out their facebook page as well and I was taken back by what was being posted.. horrible things. Hopefully something is done sooner than later.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I called them myself also, but I was calling on what had been said to me by clients and friends. So I don't think it was taken as seriously as it would have if I had been there and seen it myself. Lets hope something is done.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
personally I would go back and secretly video from my phone what I saw or at least a series of still photos and take or mail those to the humane society /animal control so they have a visual of what I saw while I was there a picture is worth a thousand words

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Wow... that is horrible and disgusting! I hope the humane society does something about it!

·
Super Moderator
7,094 Posts
I have heard this about this "breeder" many many times by our clients who have gone there first. I have never personally stepped foot there but I hope something is done about the conditions that these dogs are being raised in.

I have seen their FB page. Hypocrite is being nice.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have also never been there but heard very bad things about this breeder. I also read on Kijjii that someone boarded their dog there and she sold him on them. when they went to pick him up he was gone.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have also never been there but heard very bad things about this breeder. I also read on Kijjii that someone boarded their dog there and she sold him on them. when they went to pick him up he was gone.
That wouldn't surprise me, but I don't know who would leave their dog there :(

·
Registered
690 Posts
I can't imagine.. I hate leaving my dogs if I go away, nevermind leaving them in a junkyard! poor pups. It's so heartbreaking. There really needs to be more done to stop this kind of breeding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was just looking at her profile again to see if there is any of this messy yard and I came across a picture of a white boxer I am assuming is from one of their past litters and it looks like she is in heat!!! So this is screaming no spay an neuter contract either! tsk tsk.

They are the "zombies" they speak of so often... These are the kind of "breeders" who give breeders (reputable) a bad name is right!

-Still shaking my head-

·
Registered
499 Posts
FYI - you probably already know this but when you do a search for Ambato on Google, there is a link to our forum concerning our comments - Not that I care, but we may get some feedback - just wanted to make you aware

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's a good thing to though. Maybe people will choose a reputable breeder when googling where to get their pup. That's how I found the pup I'm waiting for.. Googling different breeders.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts