Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
He is a beautiful dog love those big solid boys. I have a mostly Euro male he is just over a year now he was 80lb about 3 months ago don't know how much he weighs now but he is very solid no fat on him.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I had a boy from Hiram Optima Grata and he was a beautiful 75lbs. He sadly passed away last year at 10 yrs old

View attachment 135738 View attachment 135739
Aw, man he was magnificent. And while I pretty much refused to believe it. my Marilyn when Struddell hit the 8 year mark ... kept nagging me with she is getting old and ten year's, is about it?? Frankly I thought she was full of crap cuz you know the larger the dog the shorter there lives.

And you know Boxer's are not big dog's and yet still ... one way or another sadly most seem to be gone in year ten ... what the hell???

At this point in my life I'm 62 ... I'm thinking maybe I'll get a Chi/Pom, cute as crap! And I won't have to worry about outliving my dog?? :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Kari, very handsome boy almost same coloring, Myles is out of a Encore sire and a dam by Hannibal, He is 7 years and still acts like a pup.
IMG_2982.JPG

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
European Boxers tend to have a coat that is a bit longer and definitely softer then the coat on an American Boxer which is usually quite short and kinda rough to the touch

·
Registered
518 Posts
My dogs have the longer Euro coat as well didn't even need our dog coats this winter they loved it cold out! My American dogs had a much thinner coat.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
My dogs have the longer Euro coat as well didn't even need our dog coats this winter they loved it cold out! My American dogs had a much thinner coat.
Oh OK ... as she got older my Struddell's (AL) White Coat got so thin she looked almost like a Dalmation??? There were lot's of Black dot's under her coat??

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Facebook only would be a "red flag," but a little deeper digging and I found them, I think??

Aleman Euro Boxers in Louisiana | Find your Boxer Puppy | Good Dog

They do seem to check all the "health testing boxes," including, DM clear. :)

But there prices seem to start kinda on the high side and the Health Guarantee ... seem's kinda on the "short side??" For that kinda money ... "I" would expect, a two to three year Health Guarantee?? Pretty much anyone that list themselves as a "Breeder," and does some degree of Health Testing can "Guarantee," there pup's for at least a year???

Even the Average BYB, non health tested pup can last at least that long?? It's year's two, thru three ... where issue's, usually crop up and (yeah, sorry I know ... :( )

I'm not trying to be a "Kill Joy," "We," just don't want to see you get hurt again. So in that kinda "Price Range," ... "I'd," keep looking. :)

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Chip then you would just have to worry about the barking/yapping annoying you to death! (LOL)
Aww, most likely we need a "little Dog thread here?? Say 15 pound's and under ... of course that leaves most "pug's" out?? Cute as crap, but most tend to be kinda on the "Chubby side??" But they do come from "Real Dog Blood Line's. :)

But you do know, that most of the "tiny little," yapper's and uh biter's! Do come from owner's that don't train them, at all! I "used," to think "all" of those little guy's were useless, POC's! But in my line of work, I got to meet quite a few, "tiny dog's," that the owner's did work with to various degree's of success and a few of them, I found to be "Really Impressive!"

And "Queenie," for one, the "Tiny," Pom/Chi "was," the Queen of Cute! She really was an over dose of pure cuteness! :)

Queenie and I ... sigh came "under threat," on a walk once, by a loose dog. Of course it was a "pit/mix," but I also, knew where he was "suppose to be??" But he was now loose and charged us, of course "Queenie," looked like a great snack??

Now of course ... Queenie (on a walk) was "My Dog," and under my "protection!" So,yeah an attack (on my watch) is not gonna happen! But "Queenie," was not my Rocky?? Still , I used my standard, "Dog Attack Threat," protocol. I told Queenie, Stay and I stepped in front of her to deal with this tool dog!

Now I had no idea, "what Queenie, would do?? But much to my surprise and delight, she did as I said ... ie Stay (Behind me!) Kinda like, "sure no problem" you deal with him Uncle." I was stunned! :)

Worked out fine, "We," were able to get the loose, A-Hole Dog, back in his yard without issue! I was most impressed with her! Under pressure, she did just Great! So as in most thing's "dog, related," how they behave, depend's on how they are trained, size does not matter, it would seem?? :)

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Facebook only would be a "red flag," but a little deeper digging and I found them, I think??

Aleman Euro Boxers in Louisiana | Find your Boxer Puppy | Good Dog

They do seem to check all the "health testing boxes," including, DM clear. :)

But there prices seem to start kinda on the high side and the Health Guarantee ... seem's kinda on the "short side??" For that kinda money ... "I" would expect, a two to three year Health Guarantee?? Pretty much anyone that list themselves as a "Breeder," and does some degree of Health Testing can "Guarantee," there pup's for at least a year???

Even the Average BYB, non health tested pup can last at least that long?? It's year's two, thru three ... where issue's, usually crop up and (yeah, sorry I know ... :( )

I'm not trying to be a "Kill Joy," "We," just don't want to see you get hurt again. So in that kinda "Price Range," ... "I'd," keep looking. :)
Yeah thanks Chip, I've been checking them out on and off for the past two and half years. Around here she so far has the best health testing, (for boxers) thoughI'd want to see the certificates prior to purchase. 'She has invited me to her home to home to meet her dogs. Saying come anytime. She seems to only have a litter once every year or year and a half , so not very often. All her dogs have tails and dew claws. This is the breeder I didn't go to 2 1/2 years ago when I got my poodle. I was now giving a 2nd look. I too would expect a longer genetic health guarantee. I have not gone to the kennel yet and she does say her boxers are not the type of dogs that you take to dog parks or play dates. While great in the home they are not good with dogs in the street. Obedient but not wanting strange dogs coming up to them. Great with people . She also was adamant about training and socialization, which she starts. The flags I saw was she said to me if you want the tail docked you could have your own vet do it, lol, no way on earth would I put a 8 weeks old pup thru that. zOh and since I wouldn't be "working" the dog I see no need for dew claws. I can only picture a pup getting one stuck in the crate. I think her dogs are good looking though. We also spoke with Kai's breeder, all his litter mates are fine as is his sire & dam. He was just the unlucky one. She is no longer breeding and her dogs are in shared custody due to divorce. Neither my daughter or I can look at those boxer faces yet without breaking down in tears, so we feel we are just not ready, hence I will pass again. She does need some emotional support as she suffers with depression. She is getting a shih tzu in September. We have had them too for 20 years, the last one passed at 17. So unless a boxer happens to just find his way here in need of a home we are not going to look further, Between the pet sitting we are doing and our own dogs I am staying pretty busy which helps. Thanks for your concern, this old lady has been around GSD, rotates for over 50 years so who knows I'm not throwing in the towel yet. LOL

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yeah thanks Chip, I've been checking them out on and off for the past two and half years. Around here she so far has the best health testing, (for boxers) thoughI'd want to see the certificates prior to purchase. 'She has invited me to her home to home to meet her dogs. Saying come anytime. She seems to only have a litter once every year or year and a half , so not very often. All her dogs have tails and dew claws. This is the breeder I didn't go to 2 1/2 years ago when I got my poodle. I was now giving a 2nd look. I too would expect a longer genetic health guarantee. I have not gone to the kennel yet and she does say her boxers are not the type of dogs that you take to dog parks or play dates. While great in the home they are not good with dogs in the street. Obedient but not wanting strange dogs coming up to them. Great with people . She also was adamant about training and socialization, which she starts. The flags I saw was she said to me if you want the tail docked you could have your own vet do it, lol, no way on earth would I put a 8 weeks old pup thru that. zOh and since I wouldn't be "working" the dog I see no need for dew claws. I can only picture a pup getting one stuck in the crate. I think her dogs are good looking though. We also spoke with Kai's breeder, all his litter mates are fine as is his sire & dam. He was just the unlucky one. She is no longer breeding and her dogs are in shared custody due to divorce. Neither my daughter or I can look at those boxer faces yet without breaking down in tears, so we feel we are just not ready, hence I will pass again. She does need some emotional support as she suffers with depression. She is getting a shih tzu in September. We have had them too for 20 years, the last one passed at 17. So unless a boxer happens to just find his way here in need of a home we are not going to look further, Between the pet sitting we are doing and our own dogs I am staying pretty busy which helps. Thanks for your concern, this old lady has been around GSD, rotates for over 50 years so who knows I'm not throwing in the towel yet. LOL
Hey Linda good luck with your search. Didn't look at the website but that seems an odd thing to say about her dogs.

If someone said that to me I would pass. To me that means she isn't breeding dogs with good nerve strength. I mean a dog doesn't have to be friends with other dogs or meet dogs in the street, but they should also be neutral about it. Pretty much ignore another dog in the street.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Yes Matt I agree, there were several things in conversation that I personally didn't agree with. However in her defense I think some of what she said is because she is speaking to general public who doesn't understand what training goes into the dogs.. Her dogs are actually fine with meet & greets but I think she was trying to stress how it could be if early socialization isn't continued. I didn't like the part of docking a tail at 8 weeks. I'm not up to training right now and I think her dogs would just be too much for my daughter to handle. While she is becoming quite good at training she is still bit naive to certain aspects.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts