Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
i'm new to the forums and new to the boxer scene. i just got ranger who's 9 months old from a guy in my apartment complex.

i was wondering how much food to give him. i feed him twice a day and am just unsure of how much to put in his dish. i have both hard and soft food.
thanks

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I would just check on the back of the bag for feeding recomendations! My girl gets 1 cup in the morning and 1 1/2-2 at night. Thats just kibble, shes eating Canidae

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas! :D
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of boxers!
My Henry is 6 months old and gets 1 1/2 morning and night, with a little canned mixed in just to moisten it.
Good luck!
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hi there and welcome..You may have to play it by ear until you figure out what is the right amount. Also if you feed a good quality food like Canidae, Blue Buffalo etc, you don't feed as much....I'm feeding Angel, who is 18 mos almost 4 cups a day right now, split between morning and nite. The only reason so much is she badly needed to put some weight on after her surgeries...I did notice this morning tho that her collar is getting a bit tight, so it's time to start cutting back a bit... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts